This job is no longer active.
|Organization||International Rescue Committee in Charlottesville (IRC)|
|Application Deadline||June 10, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$53,578.00 - $60,000.00|
The Interpreter Services Manager leads the activities of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Virginia-based Interpreter Services program, ensuring high quality, reliable foreign language interpretation for limited English proficient (LEP) populations. The program serves both internal IRC needs in Virginia and IRC’s national network of 28 offices across the U.S. as well as external customers such as hospitals, schools, courts, and community service agencies through a combination of in-person, telephonic and video-conferencing services.
- Promote the use of interpreters to community organizations through outreach and marketing efforts.
- Provide educational resources on Title VI to key organizations throughout the community.
- Conduct training on the effective use of interpreters to customers, partners, and community agencies.
Recruitment and Training of Interpreters
- Identify language needs, prioritizing IRC and the local refugee communities. Build capacity to meet these needs; recruit, interview and evaluate candidates both locally and nationally.
- Provide training for newly recruited interpreters with a focus on ethics, accuracy, impartiality, professionalism, and confidentiality leading to a nationally recognized credential.
- Supervise performance of interpreters through shadowing, formal evaluation, and ongoing training.
- Design and develop interactive learning materials and learning sessions for community interpreters using a variety of web-based technologies. Evaluate courses and instructors based on performance criteria. Identify and implement innovative technologies to enhance learning reach and impact.
- Provide a high level of professional customer service to IRC requesters, external agencies and businesses, and interpreters.
- Supervise and support team of Interpreter Services Specialists and staff interpreters; supervise program interns and volunteers.
- Lead all aspects of implementation of contracts and agreements for external organizations interested in accessing IRC interpreter services as well as contracts for individual interpreters as appropriate.
- Supervise database, scheduling, and billing systems for both customers and interpreters to ensure smooth operation of program and timely and efficient invoicing and payment for services provided.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Develop and implement measurement tools for IRC Virginia Interpreter Services that include multiple outcomes across programs.
- Analyze data to identify outcomes, trends, and conclusions that contribute to the improvement of IRC Virginia Interpreter Services programming and identify unmet needs in the target population.
Minimum 3 years of increasingly responsible, related professional experience. Additional experience working as a professional interpreter strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Completion or ability to complete community interpreter training program from IRC or other nationally recognized provider.
- Completion or ability to complete a training of trainers (TOT) program for community interpreters from a nationally recognized provider.
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Prior experience managing others in a professional setting.
- High level of professionalism, discretion, sound judgment; strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Previous multi-cultural experience and ability to successfully communicate well with people from diverse backgrounds, as well as to cope with stressful situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Ability to learn other computer software programs.
- Strong command of virtual communication and training platforms; familiarity with accounting and database programs a plus.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and abilities, and passion for communicating with some of the IRC’s most committed supporters.
- Entrepreneurial approach to program management.
Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent directly related experience required.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Apply Online Only
rescue.org/career or https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/41792?c=rescue