|Organization||Monticello Area Community Action Agency (MACAA)|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||To be decided|
|Phone||(434) 295-3171 Ext. 3040|
Immediate Opening: MACAA Head Start Director
The Head Start Director is responsible for the planning, management, and evaluation of the MACAA Head Start program, which offers comprehensive services for low-income preschool children and their families. The Head Start Director provides both leadership within the program and is the face of MACAA’s Head Start program in the community. The Head Start Director supports all aspects of that program and is responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant federal, state, and local regulations, including the Head Start Performance Standards and state childcare licensing standards.
The Head Start Director reports to MACAA’s Executive Director and is a member of MACAA’s Senior Management Team as well as the leader of the Head Start Management Team. Reporting to the Head Start Director are the Assistant Director; the Family Engagement, Health & Mental Health Manager; and, the Education & Disabilities Manager. In addition, the Head Start Director serves as the primary staff liaison to the Head Start Policy Council, which is the parent governing body for Head Start, and implements the vision and initiatives of the national Head Start Program at the local grantee level.
The Head Start Director is responsible for fiscal oversight of MACAA’s Head Start program and works with the Finance Director in preparing annual Head Start program budget and completing the annual Head Start grant application. In support of the program, the Head Start Director monitors data tracking and the preparation of reports such as the Program Information Report (PIR), the annual program Self-Assessment, and the program Annual Report. The Head Start Director is also responsible for negotiating and updating contracts, leases, and in-kind agreements relating to the Head Start program.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, although a master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in a managerial capacity;
- Experience with fiscal and program management;
- Knowledge of the vision and mission of the Agency;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Skill in the use of computer technology including (but not limited to) Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency in oral and written communications;
- Ability to analyze issues and to use sound judgement;
- Ability to work independently without close supervision;
- Ability to enlist the willing cooperation of others; and,
- Sensitivity to the needs of low-income populations and the ability to understand and address positively the conditions of poverty.
Please submit cover letter and Resume’ to MACAA, Attn: Jo Nell Chance, Human Resources Director, 1025 Park Street, Charlottesville, VA 22901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.