This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Virginia Discovery Museum|
|Application Deadline||May 13, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Virginia Discovery Museum Internal Education Manager (IEM) oversees all aspects of internally facing programming and events sponsored by the museum. The IEM works to ensure that VDM’s mission is represented in its programs, events and exhibits.
This full-time hire works 40 hours a week, Tuesday-Saturday 9-5 pm (Sunday hours as needed). The ideal candidate must be outgoing and enthusiastic, and enjoy working with children and families.
Programs and Education
- Plans and executes VDM’s Drop-In programming
- Plans and executes VDM’s 4-5 weeks of summer camp in conjunction with VDM’s External Education Manager
- Schedules, plans and executes VDM’s school year camps, including spring break camp and day off camps
- Plans and manages VDM’s popular Date Night Drop Off Program
- Schedules and runs VDM’s birthday parties in conjunction with VDM’s Outreach Education Manager
- Schedules, plans and manages VDM’s holiday programs
- Promotes VDM’s special programs on radio, television and social media
- Writes information regarding education for the website and for other publications
- Works with exhibits staff to develop educational, interactive exhibits
- Assists in gallery opening, closing, and maintenance
- Assists with grant writing as it pertains to programs and educational goals
- Helps with front desk staffing as needed
Candidates must have a strong educational background (education degree preferred) and at least 2-3 years working in education, either in a classroom setting or in program management. A successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
To apply, please email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Director of Operations, Virginia Discovery Museum, P.O. Box 1128 Charlottesville, VA 22902. No telephone inquiries. Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Virginia Discovery Museum
Founded in 1981, the Virginia Discovery Museum provides educational and enrichment opportunities in literacy, science, math, and the arts to the children of the Charlottesville-Albemarle area. It is the mission of the museum to foster intellectual curiosity and development for all children in the community. VDM works to prepare children for elementary school by offering engaging, developmentally appropriate exhibits, programs, and events. In 2018, the museum welcomed nearly 70,000 visitors. VDM is a nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization.