This job is no longer active.
Our non-profit client is 50+ years strong positively changing lives in the Rappahannock community by implementing their mission of creating jobs locally, preparing people to succeed at work, and helping them overcome barriers to employment. The Human Resources (HR) Specialist assists in the administering of human resources policies, procedures, and practices, including compensation/payroll, regulatory compliance, benefits, and record-keeping; responsible for the retention and maintenance of physical and electronic records; prepares reports as required; manages the HR calendar and administers programs/projects; and maintains a professional image, both within the organization and to the community at large. This non-supervisory role is part of a team that supports 500+ employees and reports to the Senior Director of HR. Our client offers a friendly and attractive work environment and the opportunity to have a positive impact on the community!
Summary of Job Responsibilities and Duties
· Assists in the administration of HR policies, practices and procedures.
· Data entry and administration of employee benefits - insurance of all kinds, retirement plan, etc.
· Serves as primary point of contact for both vendors/providers and employees.
· Responsible for administration and tracking of FMLA and Leave of Absence (LOA) policies and procedures, including communicating with employees and supervisors.
· Maintains all physical and electronic HR records; ensures proper record management in accordance with applicable laws and licensing regulations; safeguards confidentiality and security as well as accuracy and currency.
· Coordinates the HR calendar and ensures responsiveness to deadlines (reporting, contract renewal, etc.).
· Manages and implements HR programs and projects with oversight by the senior director.
· Serves as an internal resource and technical expert on HR matters with oversight by the senior director.
· Assist with new hire, termination, promotion, and transfer procedures. General office environment typically working days Monday – Friday; lift to 35 lbs. and limited local travel.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in HR or related area; a combination of relevant course work, certification and excellent work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Minimum 2 years HR experience with emphasis in Benefits Administration.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Data entry experience with automated HR systems to include payroll systems.
· Excellent customer relations and acts with the customer in mind.
· Attention to details, planning and organizing skill.
· Effective, proactive written and oral communication proficiency, consultation and relationship building.
· Non-profit HR experience a plus.
· Promotes and adheres to organization’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner.
· Valid Virginia driver’s license in order to visit various sites in the area.
· Successfully complete a pre-employment drug / alcohol testing, background screening, including DMV record acceptable to the organization’s insurance carrier.
Competitive Compensation Package
to include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, flexible spending accounts, EAP, time off, retirement, and education assistance!
To be considered for this immediate opening, please send your resume with salary requirements
. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE. On behalf of its client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.