We are seeking an HR Director (HRD) for our non-profit client Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) located in Fredericksburg, VA. The HRD is responsible for assessing HR needs, including acquiring and onboarding talent, investigate allegations of employee misconduct, promote the strategy and needs of the individual and organization, monitor and report the effectiveness of HR programs, serve as a trusted advisor to all employees and supervisors within the organization. The organization has about 250 associates and growing, 15+ sites with an estimated $25M budget. This hands-on leader supervises a small team and reports to the Vice President, Branding & Chief Administrative Officer.
RGI is 50+ years strong working to positively change lives in the Rappahannock community by implementing their mission of creating jobs locally, preparing people to succeed at work, and helping them overcome barriers to employment. Our client offers a friendly and attractive work environment and the opportunity to have a positive impact on the community! Come grow with us! Learn more at www.fredgoodwill.org
Summary of Job Responsibilities and Requirements
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s recruiting, onboarding, and human resources functions and performance
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs; manage vendor relationships
- Identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps and oversee development of specific training programs to fill the gaps
- Maintain current knowledge of HR policy and implications, programs, laws, and issues; develop appropriate policies and programs
- Coordinate and facilitate HR related audits, vendor and agency requests
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of HR
- Manage all RGI applicant/employee tracking databases
- Maintain accurate records, files and systems in accordance with industry guidelines and in compliance/conformance with requirements established by local/state/federal regulations, accrediting agencies, vendors/customers, and other constituents
- Oversee and meet both internal and external reporting requirements
- Establish effective internal and external working relationships including, but not limited to: other HR, training, certification, and higher education agencies (e.g., certification agencies, local community and four-year colleges, and the broader Goodwill network)
- Promote effective and collaborative work relationships between support departments and business units to ensure superior customer service for employees
- Performs additional responsibilities related to the success of the organization
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in HR or related area; prefer Master’s or similar advanced degree
- At least 5 years of successful HR generalist experience
- At least 2 years effective supervisory experience
- Valid State-issued Driver’s License in order to visit various sites in the area
- Non-profit experience desirable
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, as well as experience with standard office equipment
- Effective and proactive leadership, team communication, facilitation, problem solving, and decision making; process and continuous improvement
- Evidences the highest level of ethical behavior and practice; able to generate trust among colleagues, staff, leaders and Board
- Promotes and adheres to organization’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner
- Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday; this full-time role is not a telecommuting opportunity; Local travel
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug / alcohol testing, background screening, including DMV record acceptable to the organization’s insurance carrier
including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, flexible spending accounts, EAP, time off, and retirement!
by sending your resume and salary requirements
. This position will remain open until filled.
On behalf of its client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.