This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||May 27, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The Housing Stabilization Case Manager supports newly-housed Haven clients to gain stability through connections to community resources and mainstream benefits.
- Assist the Rapid Re-Housing Administrator with Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) re-certifications
- Work with clients to create budgets and housing stability plans
- Support clients in getting connected to area services and funding streams through information & referral and by addressing barriers to engagement and/or barrier to remaining stably housed
- Encourage clients to connect with established social supports and to create new ones
- Maintain a working knowledge of area service provider eligibility requirements
- Develop appropriate working relationships with area service providers to ensure that clients have adequate access to services
- Advocate on behalf of clients for eligible services and housing opportunities
- Attend continuum of care meetings, specifically Community Case Review to discuss and troubleshoot issue regarding housing stability
- Establish trusting relationships with clients to promote and help sustain housing stability
- Maintain homeless database in a timely manner (electronic and paper records)
- Contribute to the development and refinement of procedures and protocols necessary to operating The Haven
- Familiarity with the Motivational Interviewing and Critical Time Intervention methods of case management
- Desire to learn
- Willingness to attend trainings to stay current with best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer skills to be able to maintain an online database and accounting spreadsheets.
- Being a self-starter, capable of completing tasks within an assigned time frame.
- Good interpersonal skills; team player
- Ability to think outside the box
- Good personal and professional boundaries
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Knowledge of trauma-informed care and harm reduction methods
- Please submit a cover letter and resume, with references, to the contact email
- Note: the position includes a healthcare stipend and retirement benefits