This job is no longer active.
|Organization||International Rescue Committee in Charlottesville (IRC)|
|Application Deadline||June 24, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||STIPEND: $28,800|
Background: The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Scope of Service: The Healthy Futures AmeriCorps member will partner with the Family Support team to address barriers to health, wellness and self-sufficiency for refugees and other immigrants with a focus on physical and mental health issues. This position reports to the Health Liaison.
- Work with the IRC Medical Case Manager to provide care coordination and advocacy for newly arrived families with special medical needs
- Assist in educating new families on how to access health care services in the community
- Assist in scheduling medical appointments, as appropriate
- Assist clients with navigating healthcare and social service systems, including teaching them about transportation support to medical appointments.
- Help develop health orientation materials to education families on accessing health care
- Assist clients to access prescriptions and resolve medical billing issues
- Work with community partners to support and advocate on behalf of IRC families
- Record client interactions and services in IRC’s electronic database
- Assist with the management of volunteers and interns on the team
- Participate in all program meetings, development activities, and other meetings as needed
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English. Bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base is desired.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multicultural environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and consistent access to reliable transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must commit to one full term of service
- Must be high school graduates, GED recipients, working toward attaining a high school diploma or GED during their term of service.
- Must complete a National Service Criminal History check
Apply Online Only:
rescue.org/career or https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/41732?c=rescue
LOCATION: Charlottesville, VA
START DATE: December 2022
EDUCATION AWARD: $7,395
OTHER BENEFITS: Health coverage, childcare coverage, and student loan forbearance if applicable