|Organization||Monticello Area Community Action Agency (MACAA)|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||$25,000 - $35,000|
|Phone||(434) 295-3171 Ext. 3040|
The Head Start Family Advocate plays a crucial role in the Head Start program. The Family Advocate provides the link between a child’s home and school by working closely with the family, children, and teachers to foster a collaborative relationship and to encourage and support the family engagement model. This, in turn, provides the best outcomes for the children and families we serve and fosters an environment for Kindergarten readiness.
- Enrolling and re-enrolling new families;
- Supporting families in creating and reaching their personal goals;
- Forming positive, trusting, and empathic relationships with families and their children;
- Supporting classroom teachers by working in classrooms a minimum of four (4) hours per week to interact and observe the children;
- Participating in monthly teacher team meetings to discuss and strategize about children;
- Facilitating and organizing monthly parent meetings;
- Maintaining at least monthly contact with families (more frequently, as needed);
- Completing at least two (2) home visits per year with families;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Maintaining accurate records on electronic data base and in paper filing system;
- Having or developing expertise in community resources; and,
- Other duties as required/requested.
- A minimum of a CDA and/or an Associate’s degree in child development, human services, or a related field;
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred;
- Experience working with families and children;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Skilled in the use of computer technology;
- Proficiency in oral and written communications;
- Ability to organize time and maintain accurate records; and,
- Sensitivity to the needs of low-income populations and the ability to empathize and relate positively to the causes and conditions of poverty.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: MACAA Attn: Jo Nell Chance, Human Resources Director, 1025 Park Street, Charlottesville, VA 22901 or email@example.com.