|Organization||University of Virginia Advancement|
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
University Advancement Operations is seeking a highly-qualified candidate to join the Gift Accounting team as we get set for the public launch of the largest capital campaign in the University of Virginia’s history. The successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring both the accuracy of donor records as well as the timely reporting of giving data. You should enjoy forensic analysis and digging deep into data to resolve issues.
The successful candidate must have working knowledge of gift or fund accounting policies and procedures. They should be a stickler for accuracy and possess excellent people skills to support a variety of stakeholders in individual schools and units across UVA Grounds. They must take pride in their work and have a demonstrated ability to produce accurate and timely results. This role requires a deep immersion in our business. Candidates should be able to demonstrate prior success at successfully tackling a steep learning curve.
Data Integrity and Administration
- Implement frequent and routine diagnostic testing on subsets of gift data to assure consistent coding and formatting; communicate with data processors and others in all areas of the University.
- Design, implement and maintain a quality assurance protocol for gift data. Update policy and procedures related to protocols instituted.
- Participate in internal department meetings and informational sessions for schools, foundations, and units on best practices for gift and records procedures.
- Review batches of input from gift processing against source documents.
- Process all requests for new allocation creation in database of record (Advance) for all University associated organizations, which includes assignment of allocation, input, attaching documentation, noting purpose of account, and distribution of profile created.
- Serve as back up for new account creation for University gift accounts.
- Maintain integrity of the donor database through independent analysis of the input information and assure gift data is complete and accurate.
- Process adjustment entries using independent analysis and interpretation of the gift information.
- Coordinate and communicate with the gift processor assigned to booking foundation gifts in the system of record for those associated organizations that utilize a different primary database. Review batches, process necessary adjustments, and perform monthly and annual reconciliations from source data.
- Develop process improvements that enable the accurate and complete gift entry of foundation gifts and pledges.
- Manage and coordinate the receiving of private grant information from the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and perform gift entry in a timely manner prior to each month-end.
- Reconcile Advance gift information to the related organization’s source documents for those with a different database of record
- Locate and resolve outstanding differences between the two records
- Reconcile cash received with gifts booked
- Produce one-sheet tutorials to maximize proper use of systems across Grounds
- Prepare and process remote deposits for all related organization transfer checks
- Reconcile deposits of gifts booked online or through other vehicles
- Balance all gift cash received with gifts processed
- Prepare daily ACH for each related unit that received gifts the prior day
- Prepare journal entries to record transfer deposits and ACH’s received from GPS.
- Perform as needed research related to donor records. Respond to information requests from all constituents.
- Assist in providing data and documentation for completing industry surveys.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field, with at least two years of experience in accounting procedures.
- Two – three years in fund accounting experience is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of gift processing policies and procedures, including institutional and industry standards, such as IRS regulations CASE standards.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with critical deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to assure completeness and accuracy of assigned work.
- Must have the ability and confidence to work with donors and University/foundation personnel on issue resolution.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral (telephone) communication in daily interactions.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
- Must have the ability to learn processes and systems quickly.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Access.
Advance Web and Oracle is preferred.
This position will remain open until filled. This is a restricted position and continuation is based on performance and funding. For questions about the application process please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for R0005916. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, complete the application and attach a cover letter.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.