This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Virginia Discovery Museum|
|Application Deadline||June 25, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Gallery Manager & Program Assistant reports to the Director of Operations and works a variable 40-hour work week, Tuesday-Sunday, 9:15 a.m-5:15 p.m.
The Gallery Manager & Program Assistant is a critical role in the Museum’s ability to provide a best-in-class experience by supporting the Museum’s Visitor Services, Education and Marketing functions.
- Covers the front desk when needed, greeting visitors and handling admissions.
- Prepares the Museum for visitors by opening and closing the register, stocking and maintaining exhibits and tidying galleries as needed.
- Supervises parties and group visits on weekends.
- Collaborates with the Education Manager to plan and execute programs and field trips.
- Collaborates with the rest of staff to plan and implement museum-wide annual events.
- Stocks and manages the Creation Station art studio when not in use for parties, implementing pop-up programs, crafts and décor.
- Contributes to the Museum’s social media to advertise programs, parties, and events.
- Previous experience in a public facing, customer service oriented role
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Must enjoy crafting and creative projects.
- Must be available to work weekends and around the holidays.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
- College degree preferred.
FULL TIME POSITION: Salary range commensurate with experience. Employer-funded health insurance provided after 90 days of employment.
To apply, please email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Director of Operations, Virginia Discovery Museum, P.O. Box 1128 Charlottesville, VA 22902. No telephone inquiries. EOE