|Organization||Chris Long Foundation|
|Application Deadline||June 26, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Chris Long Foundation is seeking an individual who is highly organized, a self-starter, innovative, creative, a team player, and truly passionate about philanthropy and our area of work.
The role of The Chris Long Foundation’s Foundation Assistant is to support the expansion, execution and evaluation of the organization’s core fundraising initiatives and to act as the front line of customer service for supporter engagement. The Foundation Assistant will be involved in the daily fundraising operations of the foundation including the engaging, processing and stewarding supporters through our donor management systems and supporting key fundraising programs with backend tasks. Additionally, the individual hired will be responsible for general administrative tasks to support the foundation director and founder. This position is full time. Compensation: $45,000
To Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience would make you an ideal candidate for this position, to email@example.com by June 26, 2019.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the foundation; including responding to general inquiries received through website, mail and phone.
- Database entry and management
- Coordinating, maintaining and arranging calendars for meetings, events, programs and appointments.
- Coordinating and managing travel.
- Management of Waterboys well project reporting between Foundation and benefiting charity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
Key transferable skills:
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills across organizational levels and mediums (phone, prepared text, and social platforms)
- Very strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently outside of an office environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; experience in fundraising
- Experience with CRM Databases preferred.
- Experience in an administrative role preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure/formats, demonstrated skill in composing correspondence.
- Fast, accurate typing skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact well with staff, families, and community members.
- Ability to present a positive impression in person, on the telephone and through email.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including diplomacy, tact, and flexibility.
- Tech savvy a plus. Knowledge of Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, GMail, Google Calendar Internet software preferred.
- Self motivated, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact.