This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Westminster Canterbury of the Blue Ridge Foundation (WCBR)|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
A fitness job with traditional business hours? A fitness job with steady hourly rate and benefits? A fitness job where you can truly influence the health and lives of your customers? Yes, it does exist. Are you a fitness leader, looking to use your skills to develop and lead impactful, game-changing senior fitness programming? Come and join our dynamic team of fitness professionals who bring current exercise trends and research-backed opportunities to the over 400 senior residents and over 300 associates at Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge (WCBR). We currently have an opening for a full-time Fitness and Aquatics Coordinator in the WCBR Fitness Center.
WCBR offers competitive wages, phenomenal, low-cost to associate health and dental insurance, retirement savings with matching plan, education assistance program, as well as other benefits for full-time staff. We even extend some benefit options to part-time staff!
Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge is a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community serving over 400 residents with a mission of responding to the dynamic needs of the aging by providing high quality services and programs in a residential environment. We need YOU to join us in supporting this mission.
WCBR is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of every individual and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Guide a team of fitness instructors and trainers.
- Provide a safe environment for residents and instruct them on the proper and safe use of fitness equipment.
- Counsel and assist residents with individual, customized exercise programs based on physical assessments.
- Instruct land and water-based strength training and aerobics classes, balance classes, and other specialty group exercise classes for groups of residents and associates.
- Provide basic upkeep and maintenance of fitness facility and equipment.
- Design and implement special fitness and wellness programming.
- Experience in a fitness facility, leading group exercise classes and/or personal training.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of residents and associates.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Able to uphold Magnetic Values. (Multicultural- Accountable- Game Changer- Nurturing- Empowering- Teachable)
- Certification in personal training and/or group exercise.
- CPR and First aid certification.
Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field or equivalent years of experience.