This job is no longer active.
|Organization||City of Charlottesville|
|Application Deadline||May 27, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||$46,300.80 annually, plus benefits|
Application Deadline: May 27, 2022 at 5pm EST.
Apply online only at: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/charlottesville/jobs/3446679/firefighter-emt
The Charlottesville Fire Department is seeking non-certified or certified candidates to join our team as a Firefighter/EMT. Firefighter and EMT training will be provided at time of hire/orientation. Being certified as a firefighter or EMT is not a requirement for hire.
During training, new recruits will be on a 40-hour per week schedule at $22.26 an hour ($46,300.80 annually). After training, will be placed on a 56-hour schedule at $15.90 an hour ($46,300.80 annually).
- This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays [plus 1 floating holiday], paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, gym reimbursement program, and continuing education/training opportunities.
ADDITIONAL RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION:
- Selected applicants will be invited, by email, to move forward in the process. A Personnel History Questionnaire is required to be postmarked or delivered by June 10, 2022. Invitation will be sent to selected candidates for the written examination, physical ability exercise, and other processes. (You can also find the information at the link provided in the posting on our employment page).
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Possession of a valid appropriate driver’s permit issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia by employment start date.
- Must agree to and sign a “no tobacco/smoking’ contract.
- After one year of service Virginia Firefighter II and Virginia Emergency Medical Technician – Basic Required.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.