This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Charlottesville Area Community Foundation|
|Application Deadline||October 18, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
We are looking for a detail-oriented Controller to manage and strengthen the Foundation’s accounting operations and internal controls. Reporting to the Director of Finance, duties for the Controller include coordinating cash management, managing accounting operations and records, monitoring expenditures, coordinating auditing processes, compiling financial statements, ensuring accuracy of financial information, analyzing financial data, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Implement finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Monitor internal controls
- Cash management
- Manage financial transactions and accounting operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable, contributions receipts, grants distributions, and data system entries
- Ensure prompt and accurate month-end and year-end close processes and reports
- Foster and maintain streamlined accounting functions and operations
- Coordinate financial audit processes
- Collaborate as Foundation representative with vendors and donors
- Cooperate with and support Programs and Donor Relation functions across the Foundation
- Participate in budgeting process
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- Proven experience in financial management
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop financial projections
In addition, candidates with audit experience and compliance-orientation are preferred.
The ideal candidate demonstrates strong financial analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication and organization skills. The Controller ensures efficient accounting functions and operations, provides financial analysis and reports, promotes regulatory compliance, and supports the philanthropic mission of the Foundation. They can take initiative and value creativity and innovation. They have strong values around equity, diversity, and inclusion, and they are eager to join an organization that is actively working to operationalize these values. They can work independently, as well as compatibly with others, and possess a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing candidate qualifications and relevant experience with contact information to Nareen Scott at email@example.com. Please send as one document.