This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Hourly, market competitive salary|
SUMMARY: Part-time position with flexible hours; more time required during busy periods (May – August, December). It’s envisioned that the person in this role will work from the Opera’s office at least 2 days/week. However, much of the work can be accomplished remotely with on-line access.
Since 1978, Charlottesville Opera has produced operas and musicals, initially at Ashlawn-Highland and now in downtown Charlottesville. Charlottesville Opera also provides a wide range of education programs for youth and adults, and professional training for emerging artists and interns. The company typically produces 7-8 performances during the summer at the historic Paramount Theater and numerous Young Artist outreach performances.
Charlottesville Opera is a not-for-profit company with an annual budget in the $750 k range. The company employs a General Director and 1 or 2 office staff year round. In the summer, the number of people involved increases to over 100 with singers, orchestra, tech crew, and interns.
Payroll and Related
- Run bi-monthly payroll for employees.
- Ensure appropriate payroll taxes are paid and quarterly/end-of-year forms filed.
- Ensure all required W-2 & 1099 forms (over 100) are prepared and mailed.
- Make deposits and record in Quickbooks. Maintain supporting documentation. Track yearly contributions and maintain donor related database.
- Review all invoices and pay in a timely manner. Record in Quickbooks and maintain supporting documentation. Research and resolve vendor issues.
- Perform monthly banking reconciliations.
- Input and maintain contractual information in Quickbooks.
- Track income, expenses, and cash balances against budget.
- Assist in the preparation for Board and Management meetings as regards financial analyses and associated presentation materials.
- Oversee annual internal audit and coordinate with auditing firm; track progress and communicate with Treasurer and Board.
- Coordinate and oversee submission of annual Form 990.
- Support preparation for and tracking to ensure timely submission of other regulatory filings.
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for grants.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Dropbox, and facility in use of relational database software (e.g., Donor Perfect).
- Five plus years of experience in financial management and book-keeping in small or medium size firm.
- Demonstrated integrity and honesty in providing accurate and appropriate information, and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Calm and efficient – in a fast moving and complex work environment, especially during the summer production period.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Motivated and flexible. Works well independently and with a small team.
- Hourly, market competitive salary.
- Seeking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to David O’Dell, General Director, email@example.com