This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Virginia Victim Assistance Network|
|Application Deadline||May 20, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$40,000 - $45,000 per year|
The Finance & Office Manager leads financial and administrative functions for the Virginia Victim Assistance Network (VVAN). The position is responsible for: day-to-day accounting and operations; management and reporting; and planning and budgeting. The position also organizes office operations and provides administrative support as needed. The Finance & Office Manager reports to the Executive Director and works at VVAN’s administrative office in Henrico, VA.
Employment with VVAN is a unique and exciting opportunity to make a substantial positive difference in an organization that is increasing its capacity to serve victims of crime across the Commonwealth.
Basic systems and protocols are in place. VVAN now seeks a highly organized, capable, energetic, and personable colleague who will help further advance the organization to ensure efficient and effective financial systems and organizational processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance (85% of time)
Day-to-Day accounting and operations
- Develops and maintains VVAN’s Chart of Accounts and general ledger
- Enters information into VVAN’s accounting system and ensures integrity of data for all organizational operations and programs
- Provides financial management for multiple grants
- Manages all cash receipts
- Maintains membership records and invoices for renewals
- Manages employee payroll and benefits
- Processes invoices and prepares checks for signature
- Makes bank deposits
- Maintains and files all financial information
Management and reporting
- Manages financial reporting for grants
- Conducts cash flow analysis
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports
- Coordinates audit and audit-related activities
- Maintains internal controls and safeguards
- Keeps the Executive Director and Board informed of the organization’s financial position in a timely manner
Planning and budgeting
- Assists with preparation of grant budgets
- Works with the Executive Director and Board to prepare the organization’s annual budget
- Ensures that the Executive Director and Board have access to accurate and timely income and expense data and projections for both the overall organization and for specific programs and initiatives
Office Management (15% of time)
- Oversees logistical VVAN office needs including the maintenance of the master inventory of fixed assets, office supply inventory, filing systems, office repairs, and equipment repairs or upgrades
- Helps develop and track forms and processes for smooth office operations
- Opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail
- Supports the Executive Director in scheduling and preparing for Board and committee meetings
- Provides administrative support to program staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum Associate’s degree in a finance related subject and/or a minimum of three years of similar work experience
- Technologically savvy with strong computer literacy skills and highly proficient in QuickBooks (Online Version), Excel, Word, and other database applications
- A successful track record and experience with grants management and financial reporting requirements
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and clerical techniques
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Demonstrated dependability, cooperation, initiative and judgment skills
- Commitment to quality and accuracy
- Capacity to shift and change activities in response to changing organizational priorities
- Strong organizational, analytic, problem solving, and planning skills that support and enable sound decision making
- Experience in a non-profit environment a plus
- Desire to support the mission of VVAN
The position is subject to a criminal background check. Candidates must have the ability and means to travel as needed, and insurance on personal vehicle used is required.
Generous paid leave and a generous stipend is provided for benefits.
Apply for the position by emailing a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type Finance & Office Manager in the subject line. Application materials will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until the position is filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. To ensure full consideration, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by Monday, May 20, 2019.
The Virginia Victim Assistance Network (VVAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VVAN does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.