This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Ivy Creek Foundation, Inc.|
|Application Deadline||October 18, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$28,500 for 20 hours/week|
IVY CREEK FOUNDATION SEEKS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Ivy Creek Foundation (ICF) is seeking a part-time Executive Director, who will be supported by our Director of Operations and Director of Education.
ICF is a volunteer-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the Charlottesville area responsible for the stewardship of the publicly owned, but privately maintained, Ivy Creek Natural Area. The Natural Area encompasses what was formerly River View Farm, the home for more than 100 years of the African American Carr-Greer family, whose cultural, social and agricultural accomplishments were important in the Albemarle and Charlottesville areas.
Scenically shadowed by the Blue Ridge Mountains, Ivy Creek Natural Area (ICNA) is a 217-acre preserve bordering the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir with a mix of upland woods, pine stands, open fields, streams, 7 miles of trails, and two miles of shoreline. Its rolling hills and diverse habitats make ICNA an ideal site to learn about the rich natural and cultural history characteristic of Central Virginia and has made Ivy Creek a favorite destination for visitors looking for a peaceful walk in the woods. ICF hosts over 110 public educational programs on site annually, offering tours for schoolchildren, providing a hub for naturalists, scientists, and native plant and bird lovers, as well as a place for partner organizations to meet. Stewardship of the historic property also encompasses the extant buildings and artifacts of River View Farm, with historical research and interpretation ongoing. The restored barn at Ivy Creek provides the public a view into the early 20th‐century agricultural use of the property and is an interpretive site on the African American Heritage Trail.
Ivy Creek Foundation’s Goals:
- Conserve the natural state of lands under our care and management
- Protect native flora and fauna, and promote the appreciation of both
- Educate regarding the value of natural spaces and natural history
- Foster the understanding of how human cultures have worked with and on the land through time
- Explore the role of history in the context of the land which supports us all as a community
- Use the lands under our care as a lens that focuses attention on best management practices for natural resources and wildlife
ICF is currently working on exciting new initiatives with county, city, and state officials, as well as local residents on a variety of improvements including: the entrance, handicap access, parking, new welcome kiosks, and expanded interpretation of the historic River View Farm.
For more information about Ivy Creek Foundation visit our website at: IvyCreekFoundation.org
The Executive Director is supported by the Director of Operations and the Director of Education.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure financial stability
- Ensure educational program excellence
- Execute Vision, Mission, Strategic and Fundraising Plans
- Engage and energize members, volunteers, partner organizations, donors, municipal partners, public
- Supervise staff
- Generate revenue for operations, programs and special projects in collaboration with the Board of Directors and Development Committee
- Collaborate with Board, staff, committees, volunteers, county and city representatives regarding Strategic Plan, Land Management Plan, Landscape Improvement Plan, etc.
Expansion of Partnerships
- Engage donors, members, volunteers, partners, municipal entities, public for revenue expansion and program opportunities
The ED will be thoroughly committed to ICF’s Vision and Mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising/development, communication, and relationship/volunteer management experience. Of particular importance is a proven and demonstrable development record.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with significant management and fundraising experience, with proven experience with direct solicitation of gifts and stewarding of donors
- Track record of effectively leading a successful organization and staff; ability to provide specific examples of having developed and implemented strategies that lead directly to organizational growth and success
- Unwavering commitment to quality programming and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to collaborate with and coach staff, manage, and develop staff and volunteer teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success collaborating with a Board of Directors
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to organizational management
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Applications are to be submitted via email to: email@example.com no later than Friday, October 18, 2019. Please include a cover letter along with your resume.