This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$90-95,000 annually, dependent on qualifications and experience|
The READ Center, located in Richmond, Virginia seeks a dynamic and passionate leader to serve as the Executive Director, committed to the mission of providing educational opportunities to adults with low-level reading and communications skills. The Executive Director will lead a team of individuals dedicated to continuing the vision of a community in which all adults have a literate life.
- Actively engage and energize staff, volunteers, Board Members, community leaders and partner agencies
- Expand and diversify local revenue generating and fundraising activities
- Ensure program excellence and identify opportunities to improve services
- Provide effective management of financial operations, including the budget
- Build and maintain solid relationships with the READ Center Board
- Build, maintain and supervise staff and provide developmental opportunities for staff
- Familiarizing oneself with and being visible to the current and future READ student community
- Engage in strategic planning to prepare the READ Center for future needs
- Use network of contacts to foster new opportunities
- Advanced level degree in business or public administration, or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Senior Manager role in a non-profit setting preferred
- Proven track record of work in fund development and fundraising
- Excellence in organizational management and administrative skills
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills; persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Mission-driven, self-motivated and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Experience with capital campaigns a plus
- Experience with hiring and other human resource planning a plus
Email a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director”. Deadline is 5/31/22. No phone calls please.
The Read Center is an equal opportunity, employer. The Read Center is committed to the core values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.