This job is no longer active.
|Organization||The Oratorio Society of Virginia|
|Application Deadline||July 15, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Oratorio Society of Virginia, Charlottesville’s longest running community-based chorus, seeks a part-time Executive Director (ED). The ED is responsible for promoting the goals of the organization by handling non-musical administrative and management tasks for the Society. Responsibilities include working with the Executive Committee, committee chairs, the Music Director, and volunteers in support of the day-to-day business activities of the Society and serving as a contact for the Society in its business relationships, including collaborations with other arts organizations. The annual salary for this position is $25,000, paid in equal monthly installments. The time commitment will average 25-30 hours/week, but with an ebb and flow according to concert or event scheduling.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated success and understanding of fundraising, marketing, and public relations.
- Volunteer management experience and ability to engage and energize a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in arts administration and non-profit organizations, to include the grant writing process.
- The ED must be passionate about the Vision and Mission of The Oratorio Society of Virginia and convey its purpose and potential as a fundamental function of the role.
- Familiarity with the greater Charlottesville area/Virginia arts communities is valued.
- Competency using Microsoft Word, Excel and social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Diane Kingsbury, c/o The Oratorio Society of Virginia, P.O. Box 5073, Charlottesville, VA 22905. Questions can be directed to Ms. Kingsbury at the e-mail above, or phone/text (434) 972-2855. Review of applications will begin June 17, 2019, but the position will remain open until filled.
For more information about the Oratorio Society of Virginia, visit www.oratoriosociety.org