This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||June 1, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Provide visionary leadership for and manage the daily operations of the Aging Together partnership, including supervision of staff, revenue development, budget management, program planning, timely completion of the organization’s work plan, and public relations. This position establishes and maintains productive relationships with Aging Together partner organizations, and is responsible to the Aging Together Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Coordinate strategic planning/goal setting and develop related organization work plan; implement agreed-upon strategies, monitor effectiveness in meeting objectives, and modify as necessary. Develop and monitor Aging Together budget. Responsible for fund raising, development, and communications. Work with regional partners to identify and work toward common goals, and to create awareness of the needs of older adults in Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock counties; provide support to partners and provide leadership for advancement of regional strategies.
- Manage all aspects of the partnership work plan, assuring completion of all activities therein
- Convene local and regional partners to coordinate planning and work toward mutual goals and advocate for services and supports for older adults
- Maintain close communications with partners to coordinate specific project activities and assure match with partnership goals
- Supervise County Resource Specialists
- Monitor work of project contractors
- Identify, prepare and submit relevant grant applications to address Aging Together priorities
- Assist partner agencies to identify and write grants or to access other resources
- Develop Aging Together budget; monitor project expenditures and operate within project budget
- Present information on Aging Together in a variety of community settings
- Meet regularly with the Board of Directors to review progress and deliverables; provide staff support to the Board and its committees; meet regularly with the Board Chair
- Plan for and implement fundraising/development activities in consort with the Board and community partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Able to work independently, conceptualize projects and manage multiple priorities; Analytical ability required to interpret sensitive issues affecting the work of Aging Together; High level communications/diplomacy skills; Demonstrated computer skills; Demonstrated writing skills; Knowledge of eldercare needs and issues; Knowledge of local government and human service delivery in the five-county region.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College or graduate degree in one of these areas: non-profit management, marketing, business management, public policy and/or administration, social policy planning, social work or gerontology/eldercare; Graduate degree(s) preferred. Experience in grant initiation, grant writing and grants administration; experience or coursework in strategic planning, project management, and program evaluation; supervisory experience.
Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Attend training and maintain certifications as required by Aging Together and regulatory guidelines.
Submit resume and salary requirements to: Aging Together, PO Box 367, Culpeper, VA 22701