This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Claudius Crozet Park|
|Application Deadline||September 13, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The Claudius Crozet Park Board of Directors is looking for an events director to oversee the twice-yearly Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival and the annual Crozet Winter Brews Festival. This is a 12-month contract with subsequent renewal dependent on results. The position has responsibility for all aspects of these events. For a complete description see http://crozetfestival.com/festival-director-position. Resume, cover letter, and three references must be submitted no later than Friday, September 13th. Information can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or postmarked by 09/13/19 and mailed to Crozet Park, PO Box 171, Crozet, VA., 22932. Digital submission is preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
CACF and CWBF Artist and Brewery Coordination
- Manage all correspondence, applications, requirements, and special requests from festival artists and breweries.
- Manage CACF jury selection process and judging/awards process.
- Provide on-site assistance and support during festival.
- Manage volunteer support groups and individuals.
- Develop relationships with organizations and businesses as a means to grow volunteer base.
- Provide training and information sessions to assure knowledgeable, helpful and friendly volunteers.
Vendor and Entertainment Coordination
- Manage vendor and entertainment selection and all correspondence, requirements and special requests.
- Liaison with community organizations and other non-profits that may ask for representation at the festivals.
Finance and Budgeting
- Oversee negotiations and contracts with all festival suppliers.
- Works within established budget as set by the Park’s Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance and widen community awareness and advertising of the festivals and park.
- Manage all aspects of communication through print, website maintenance, social media and other forms of publicity and marketing.
- Create data management program and processes.
- Oversee preparation of Crozet Park for festivals.
- Ensure all permits, certifications, insurance and neighborhood agreements are approved in advance of the festival.
- Manage activities during festival.
- Proven ability and experience in managing large events and coordinating multiple activities and resource groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with project planning a plus.
- Intermediate level skills in using standard office software, e.g., Word, Excel, etc.
- Intermediate level skills in managing social media and standard web sites.
- Data management and reporting skills highly desirable.
- Very high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and mature business skills
- Must enjoy working with a variety of talented artists and breweries.
- Experienced in delegating activities and engaging volunteers with different skill levels.
- Marketing, graphic design, and fundraising highly desirable
The Arts and Crafts Festival is held in October during Christopher Columbus weekend and in May during Mother’s Day Weekend. The annual Brews Fest date is to be determined.
Resume, cover letter, and three references must be submitted no later than Friday, September 13th. Information can be submitted to email@example.com or postmarked by 09/13/19 and mailed to Crozet Park, PO Box 171, Crozet, VA., 22932. Digital submission is preferred. Check out previous festivals at: