|Organization||Camp Holiday Trails|
|Application Deadline||August 7, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Contractor role at $4,000/month|
Camp Holiday Trails is seeking a creative, strong innovator to lead us through year-end fundraising. We are excited to build on the innovation and creativity that is the hallmark of our nonprofit organization, and has helped us pivot during this pandemic and focus on being a community asset, while offering our own camp programs online for children and teens with medical needs.
This short-term Director of Philanthropy role will be contracted through end of December 2020 with the opportunity, and perhaps necessity, to work remotely. The Director of Philanthropy is a leader and innovator in sharing our Camp mission with donors, volunteers and prospects in exceedingly creative ways. This critically important and impactful work is informed by our inspiring camp program, and also supports Camp’s facilities and grounds and medical programs. The position requires a commitment to working in a team-based setting (remotely or in an Office with occasional dogs, stinkbugs and a testy IT system) with professionalism, integrity and compassion towards fulfilling the mission of Camp Holiday Trails. We recommend a sense of humor and grace under pressure …
Your goal? Lead the way in closing out our fiscal year with the support of a small staff team and energetic Board of Directors.
Your outcomes include an Annual Report, a year-end holiday mailing to major donors, collaborative grant work and in person (Zoom, hangout, etc.) donor outreach. Social media and website are currently managed in-house by our Philanthropy and Communications Coordinator who will work with our Director of Philanthropy.
- Experience with facilitating donor relationships
- Experience with successful grant-writing
- Experience with using data to create strong segmented donor mailings
- Experience with creating print materials (aka, our proposed Annual Report project)
- Knowledge of best practices regarding donation acknowledegment
TRANSPARENT DETAILS – we are serious about our work and about a great FIT for this opportunity.
- Our database is Bloomerang, we mostly like it.
- Our 2020 Annual Fund goal was $475,000. We have raised $170,000 thus far in 2020 (compared with $232,575 raised by this time in 2019). 246 of 704 PY donors have given to date (many tied to a special event suspended until 2021.)
- We live and die by Google Drive and sharing documents.
- We have c. 15 grant applications remaining in 2020 – all current funders.
Resume and cover letter by 5 pm 8/7/20 to Tina LaRoche, Executive Director, email@example.com. Questions? 434-760-1120.