This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Blue Ridge Area Food Bank (BRAFB)|
|Application Deadline||July 22, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with experience|
Are you an experienced leader with expertise in the strategy and execution of marketing and communications? Do you love to write and want to share the voices of those who are often invisible? Use your talents to make a difference in the lives of our hungry neighbors by crafting and sharing the story of the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, a respected nonprofit serving 25 counties with an operating budget of $8 million.
The Director of Marketing & Communications (DOMC) leads planning and strategy to build awareness and to position the organization as the leading hunger-relief agency in the Blue Ridge area.
The DOMC will manage and execute marketing and communications plans for key initiatives and select channels; manage, author and/or edit content, and produce a wide range of print marketing materials and publications for multiple audiences; and will draft and manage content for digital marketing properties, including website and social media channels. The DOMC will lead efforts to improve brand visibility and to track, analyze and report the results of communications and marketing strategies.
The DOMC reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and will supervise two other marketing and communications professionals.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and extensive experience in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field; a graduate degree is preferred
- Highly skilled and experienced writer, editor and public speaker
- Supervisory experience
- Extensive experience in both digital and print strategies
- Proven ability to think strategically and to communicate with flexibility, innovation, and dexterity to take advantage of rapidly emerging priorities
- Excellent ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to effectively build and manage relationships across departments, team members, key partners and supporters
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Design Suite
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
This position is full-time. Occasional evening and weekend work required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
To be considered for this role, submit a cover letter, resume, and two published writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Human Resource Office, Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, P.O. Box 937, Verona, VA 24482. Position will remain open until filled; applications will be reviewed beginning July 22, 2019. To learn more about the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank please visit our website at www.brafb.org.