This job is no longer active.
|Organization||The Montpelier Foundation|
|Application Deadline||May 30, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Phone||(540) 672-2728, ext. 170|
Director of Finance
WORK OBJECTIVES and OVERVIEW
Reporting to the Foundation President and CEO, the Director of Finance leads all financial and accounting aspects of The Montpelier Foundation, including working with internal and external users of the financial data to assure that the Foundation is operating in a successful manner, within all appropriate legal and regulatory guidelines, and within organizational goals and mission.
Incumbent will possess a highly organized skillset and demonstrate successful business, accounting, budgeting, and reporting acumen. Fluency in accounting software, Excel and/or Google Sheets is a must. The Montpelier Foundation seeks an individual who understands that details are extremely important in this line of work and that a top performing financial operation typically translates to a high performing organization overall. The Director oversees an annual operating budget of approximately $6.5M and reports directly to the President and CEO of the Montpelier Foundation.
• Oversee day-to-day accounting and financial functions of the Montpelier Foundation including cash management, payroll, accounts payable, cash receipts and general ledger reconciliations.
• Work closely with the President/CEO and department directors to plan, prepare, and implement the annual budget, including forecasting and analyzing income, expenses, visitation, and retail results throughout the year.
• Lead staff to assure that all aspects of accounting system and functions are being carried out in a consistent, appropriate, and professional manner.
• Work with all departments to establish accounting reporting requirements such that all areas run as efficiently and effectively as possible while conforming to the financial plan for the Foundation and meeting generally accepted accounting principles.
• Communicate and report regularly with Chairman of the Finance Committee, Treasurer, and other board members as appropriate.
• Serve as staff liaison and attend all board Finance Committee meetings and other board or board committee meetings as appropriate.
• Coordinate Montpelier’s annual audit by assisting the outside auditors in their work to assure that the financial integrity of the Foundation is being maintained. This includes fully preparing documents associated with audit and having all systems in place so that the Foundation receives a clean audit.
• Provide to outside parties any necessary and proper financial information that may be required.
• Oversee tenant leases and serve as central repository for all leases and contracts.
• Work closely with senior staff of the National Trust for Historic Preservation in the maintenance and draw activity of the Montpelier and other designated endowments.
• Oversee finance/payroll assistant.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management is required. CPA designation is highly desirable.
• At least 6 years of increasing responsibilities in accounting or finance with at least 3 in a supervisory role.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer accounting systems.
• Familiarity with Abila MIP accounting system for nonprofits is a plus.
Please apply at www.montpelier.org/jobs. Please be sure to include cover letter and resume in one PDF file.