|Organization||Blue Ridge Area Food Bank (BRAFB)|
|Application Deadline||June 1, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$55,000 or higher commensurate with experience|
Are you an experienced fundraiser who enjoys and is successful at connecting people through philanthropy? Do you want to make an immediate difference in the lives of your neighbors? If so, we invite candidates to share their talents to help us sustain the vital mission of the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. We are a well-respected, regional nonprofit serving 25 counties, with an annual operating budget of $8.3 million.
The Director of Development & Donor Relations is responsible for developing and strengthening relationships with donors across the western counties within our service area. This individual manages the identification, creative engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of donors—individuals, organizations, and businesses.
The Director of Development & Donor Relations reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and supervises two donor relations positions as part of an eleven-person team. The position requires regional travel and occasional evening and weekend work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Demonstrated application of best practices in donor-centered relationship management, with some experience in major gifts preferred
- Demonstrated ability for effective supervision and management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to speak in front of groups
- Ability to work in a complex environment with minimal supervision (independently) but as a member of a dynamic and supportive team, and a collaborator across departments
- Strong leadership ability, sound judgment and high professional ethics
- Proficiency with constituent relationship database systems
The position is full-time with a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply submit a cover letter, resume and three references to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482 or via email to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled. Resumes received will be reviewed beginning on or around April 13, 2020.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, genetics or disability. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of our policies, practices, operations and programs.