This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Albemarle Housing Improvement Program (AHIP)|
|Application Deadline||June 30, 2018|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Competitive, with excellent benefits|
AHIP seeks an energetic, experienced, and dynamic Director of Development to lead and implement all resource development efforts. The successful candidate will be responsible for aligning fundraising with programmatic goals and marketing activities, engaging with current and prospective donors, and developing and implementing fundraising campaigns and initiatives. This position encompasses managing individual and corporate gifts, sponsorships, in-kind support, annual giving, planned giving, community partnerships, and events.
The Director of Development manages one staff person—our Development Manager, whose key responsibilities include managing events and our volunteer program—and works closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Executive Director, and program staff. If you are an enthusiastic and experienced development professional committed to our mission and who thrives in a collaborative work environment, we encourage you to apply.
- Develops and oversees implementation of AHIP’s annual development plan
- Leads major donor efforts of the organization, identifying prospective individual and institutional prospects and developing strategies to cultivate and sustain philanthropic partnerships
- Conducts research on donors, foundations, and grant opportunities. Works with Executive Director and program staff to strategize approach and set priorities. Prepares and submits applications.
- Works in partnership with the Director of Marketing & Communications to align development with communications and marketing strategy and projects
- Works in partnership with Director of Programs to align programmatic partnerships and volunteer groups with fundraising strategy in order to build organizational capacity and increase giving
- Works with Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify and cultivate new Board members
- Builds and manages relationships with local leaders, partners, and stakeholders
- Ensures data integrity, effectively utilizes fundraising database, and improves data services
- Staffs the Development Committee (members are board members and outside supporters)
- Represents AHIP in the community by giving presentations, leading tours, attending functions, and interacting with the media
- Tracks community events, awareness-raising/media opportunities and partnership opportunities
- Offers creative and active leadership for the organization at large
- At least five years of development management experience that has included major donor cultivation and stewardship
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship-building, and verbal communication skills
- Foundation relationship and grantwriting experience
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Familiarity with donor databases (Bloomerang experience a plus)
AHIP believes that everyone should be safe at home. Every year, we help Charlottesville and Albemarle households with critical home repairs—emergency repairs, rehabs, and energy-efficiency upgrades—to help make homes safer, healthier, and more affordable, and to preserve and protect affordable homes and local neighborhoods. AHIP has a staff of 30 and our annual budget is $3.2 million. In FY17, we helped 126 households with critical home repairs. For more information, please visit www.ahipva.org.