This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Charlottesville Climate Collaborative|
|Application Deadline||June 7, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Charlottesville Climate Collaborative (C3), a non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, full-time Director of Climate Policy. C3 aims to catalyze climate action through community-wide collaborations and programs that reduce climate pollution and advance our Charlottesville identity to include climate leadership. We aim to unify and empower local groups so that together we can achieve a positive impact, making Charlottesville an even stronger, healthier community.
In coordination with the Executive Director, the Director of Climate Policy is principally responsible for the research and development of and advocacy for local policy levers that directly advance climate action in the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, and craft policy as it relates to emissions reductions in the residential, commercial, and transportation sectors. The Director of Climate Policy must be comfortable and confident in a variety of environments including board rooms of large employers, homes of local residents, County and City staff departments, and convenings of low-income stakeholders and social justice partners.
- Lead stakeholder discussions in the business, residential, and commercial property sectors to identify local barriers to climate action.
- Develop sector-specific local policy options, both by leveraging best-practice policies from other communities and crafting novel policies that integrate local stakeholder feedback and reflect the specific aspects of the Charlottesville Area.
- Identify data and data sources required to support, evaluate, measure, and prioritize policy options.
- Conceive, research, write, and edit original reports and issue briefs on climate impacts and policy in the Charlottesville-area.
- Work and maintain relationships with key non-profit, for-profit, and municipal partners to shepherd policies through to implementation.
- Liaison with State-level partners to identify local climate needs that require action at the state level as well as state policy that requires enactment at the local level.
- Represent the Charlottesville Climate Collaborative in coalitions at the local and state level.
- Serve as policy expert for presentations to stakeholders, municipal staff, municipal elected officials, partners and donors.
- Take initiative in recognizing and performing other necessary tasks and duties.
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years experience in conservation, climate, energy or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, for-profit partners, and/or municipalities.
- Experience in climate mitigation and/or energy policy making, regulation, markets, business and/or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience influencing, developing and implementing conservation and/or climate policy.
- Strong policy analysis, communication, and writing skills.
- A team-oriented, collaborative approach with C3 staff as well as sector stakeholders, municipal staff, and municipal elected officials.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Market competitive salary
- Health & dental insurance coverage
- Paid personal time off plus holidays
- Self-improvement allowance
- Retirement plan and life & disability insurance benefits
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Charlottesville Climate Collaborative strives for an inclusive and diverse workplace. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBT individuals are encouraged to apply.