|Organization||Richmond Performing Arts Alliance|
|Application Deadline||January 29, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Starting salary range for this position begins at $45,000+|
RPAA seeks a Development Manager to support the implementation of the annual fundraising plan for the organization. Main duties include overseeing the Annual Fund process; researching, writing, and tracking grants; and managing gift recording, reporting, and acknowledgement. The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Associate Director of Development on strategies that contribute to both the short-term and long-term contributed revenue goals of the organization.
Job Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to):
● Implement the Annual Fund program, including all aspects of donor mailings—appeal letters, season benefits, event invitations, and other special appeals as needed.
● Ensure that messaging is appropriate, persuasive, and tailored to different audiences.
● Assist in managing special recognition opportunities for annual donors with the intent to retain or upgrade donors.
● Research foundations, corporations, and government agencies to identify new sources of funding.
● Write grant proposals in accordance with funder guidelines.
● Monitor current grants to ensure that anticipated outcomes are achieved.
● Maintain grants records, timelines and reporting requirements.
● Provide timely reports and evaluations to funders in accordance with grant agreements.
● Record all gifts and pledges in the donor database and ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
● Acknowledge all donations and follow-up on pledges in a timely manner.
● Ensure that the database supports high-quality relationships with donors.
● Create strategies to optimize staff use of the database and develop new ways for the database to enhance knowledge sharing among staff.
● Run weekly, monthly, and annual reports as needed.
● Support the Associate Director of Development with special events to ensure that all event logistics are well-coordinated and implemented.
● Post fundraising and event information to website and social media accounts as needed.
● Provide monthly reports to the ED and the board that measure progress towards achieving the overall fundraising plan.
● Work with the Director of Finance and Administration to reconcile development and financial records on a monthly basis.
● Perform administrative duties as needed including meeting scheduling, filing, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
Proven success as a grant writer and established relationships with local corporate and foundation funders. Knowledge of or experience with arts/culture preferred. Two years of experience or more in a similar position. Bachelor’s degree or higher (experience in lieu of degree may be considered). Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge and experience with donor databases. Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Basic graphic design and social media content development experience helpful. Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through with minimal direction. Attention to detail, project management skills, and being highly organized a must. Flexibility in varied job assignments and willingness to pitch in when/where needed. Commitment to working collaboratively with a range of constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program partners, and participants. An appreciation for and belief in the mission of RPAA.
Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance, 401k, Paid-Time Off, Paid Holidays
Please send a cover letter, resume, three references, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Richmond Performing Arts Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.