This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||January 15, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$60K - $65K|
Project Manager, Research & Writing
CIMA Consulting is a small firm in Charlottesville, VA, providing clients with strategic insight and support through institutional fundraising (grant writing) and a range of other deliverables. Our team — eleven consultants and growing! — works on behalf of nonprofit organizations across the country, furthering their capacity via fundraising, business development, and organizational design. Our clients are socially conscious organizations seeking a thoughtful, agile, results-oriented firm to assist them in achieving their mission.
Our current portfolio includes these and other nonprofit clients:
- A Black-led, start-up nonprofit news organization.
- A national environmental organization, harnessing science and law to protect biodiversity on our planet.
- A community organization working to prevent juvenile crime and incarceration through legal education, leadership training, and one-on-one mentoring.
About Our Team
CIMA is dedicated to supporting causes that matter. Our team members come from varied professional backgrounds, but we share common traits: the desire to over-deliver for our clients; a talent for clear and compelling writing; and a generous spirit toward clients and colleagues. We work hard and smart, but we also have fun and value our time away from work to recharge. We are committed to building a diverse and flexible workplace that allows each of us to meet our commitments and pursue our interests both in and out of work. We have passionate debates about punctuation, local pastries, and the right time to plant tomatoes.
Project Manager, Research and Writing
We are hiring a full-time development consultant to contribute immediately to our team working for a national environmental conservation and advocacy organization. The consultant will work with a personal portfolio of 3-5 programs, alongside and in close collaboration with two additional CIMA consultants. Responsibilities include:
- Strategic implementation of the client’s grant- and major gift-related activities:
- Effectively articulating the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization
- Developing informed, compelling narratives for letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, etc., for private foundations and/or grantmaking public charities using the organization’s style and voice
- Ability to compile budgets and financial reports
- Prospecting responsibilities, including identification, research, outreach, cultivation; including familiarity with/experience using grant seeking resources
- Maintaining positive, professional relationships with the client, and its programmatic staff and foundation contacts
- Providing top-tier project management, including through the maintenance of grant and outreach records, assignment statuses, requirements and deadlines
The successful employee will have:
- A bachelor’s degree with at least three years of experience in grant-writing and demonstrated skill in effective written communication; familiarity with major donor development is beneficial
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-moving, intellectual environment
- Familiarity with with legislative, legal and/or regulatory processes is highly desirable
- Proven ability to independently source, organize and synthesize large amounts of information into compelling written collateral on deadline
- Ability to engage with a multitude of office software/platforms simultaneously, including Office 365, Google Suite, Airtable, Slack and other in-house solutions
Qualities we consider essential for this team member:
- Highly productive; extremely organized and able to meet a consistent flow of deadlines
- Self-motivated; a desire to do well and improve
- Continuous learner; willingness to seek solutions, ask questions, and be entrepreneurial
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong emotional intelligence
We are currently hiring for a full-time role, although candidates seeking part-time work are encouraged to contact us. Since March 2020 we have been working remotely; we will conduct all interviews via Zoom. We look forward to returning to a hybrid work environment in downtown Charlottesville, VA, office as soon as all team members feel it safe to do so. While our preference is for team members to be based in Charlottesville, exceptionally qualified candidates wishing to work remotely will be considered.
Compensation: Expected annual full-time salary range is $60K – $65K, plus performance-based bonuses, health benefits, and generous vacation policies.
Want to apply but not sure if you’d be the right fit?
If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no ‘perfect’ candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team and those differences make us better.
Our goal is to be a company that is representative of the people that we and our nonprofit clients serve. We encourage all interested applicants to apply, including but not limited to members of the LGBTQIA+ community, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and individuals with disabilities. CIMA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!