|Organization||Emergency Food Network Charlottesville Albemarle (EFN)|
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Volunteer position|
The Emergency Food Network is a nonprofit that has provided food for the needy since 1973. This year we celebrate 45 years of continuous service to the Charlottesville/Albemarle community. We provide a 3-day supply of balanced food, which includes staples as well as milk, cheese, margarine and bread. Our clients also may choose from a selection of fresh fruits and vegetables each day. We have no income requirements and do not submit our clients to an onerous list of questions; they simply register with us and then are eligible for food as frequently as once per month.
We have a working board of over 20 members, including an executive committee and specific job areas such as the purchase of food, volunteer coordinators, outreach, dietary specifications and record-keeping. We have over 100 volunteers, and just one employee, a part-time Office Manager. You may learn more about us on our website, emergencyfoodnetwork.org.
We currently have an opening for a Development Chair. The Development Chair will work closely with the Board and have its strong support.
- Cultivation and stewardship of donors. This includes both personal thanking of donors and creating opportunities for meeting our donors.
- Grants and grant timeline. Seek new grant opportunities and better cultivate our existing grant network. Grant-writing is a shared collaboration with our Chair and First Vice Chair.
- Annual appeal letter, sent in early November. Analyze the database to manage the appeal distribution list, working with the Office Manager; draft the letter (with board input) and coordinate the letter’s printing and mailing.
- Events (for stewardship and fundraising). It is our 45th anniversary this year and we would like to celebrate this. Historically we have not done big, splashy events; we would like smaller events that show donor and volunteer appreciation.
- Meetings with the already-established Development Committee. You will chair this committee, which provides brainstorming support and manpower for projects. You will also work closely with the Chair, Outreach Chair and Donor Appreciation Chair.