This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Charlottesville Area Community Foundation|
|Application Deadline||October 18, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
We are seeking a Data and Technology Manager to manage the Foundation’s data systems and networks. Duties include organizing, storing, extracting, and analyzing company data while also safeguarding the Foundation’s security and confidentiality standards. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Data and Technology Manager oversees the collection, management, and storage of data across the organization and is responsible for analyzing and deriving insights from data to inform trends and business decisions. The Data and Technology Manager develops procedures and policies for data collection, retention, and security, ensuring that the company meets industry best practices. They work closely with other Foundation staff to collect, prepare, organize, protect, and analyze data. Other duties include review of all data and cybersecurity insurance policies, improving and streamlining data systems within the company, driving innovation in the use of company data systems to support the philanthropic mission of the Foundation, and ensuring that information to and from the company runs timely and securely.
- Oversee the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of data
- Develop and implement procedures and policies for effective and secure data management
- Collaborate with Foundation’s central data system and service providers, iPhi® with Stellar Technology Solutions, as Foundation representative and lead user
- Coordinate with and support Donor Relations, Communications, Finance, and Programs functions across the Foundation, especially with data extraction, analysis, reports formulation, and technical support
- Troubleshoot database and technology challenges
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements
- Continually develop data management strategies and systems
- Implement data privacy policies and compliance with data protection regulations
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in information technology or related field; network or cyber certifications may be considered as a substitute
- Proven experience in data management or analysis
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel®
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and decipher large amounts of data
- Technology and business analytical skills
- Good written and oral business and technology communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, strong interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate demonstrates a strong aptitude for technology and a professional demeanor, and possesses excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. They can take initiative and value creativity and innovation. They have strong values around equity, diversity, and inclusion, and they are eager to join an organization working to operationalize these values. They can work independently, as well as compatibly with others, and possess a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing candidate qualifications and relevant experience with contact information to Nareen Scott at email@example.com. Please send as one document.