This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||June 7, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Coordinated Entry System (CES) Specialist position entails service coordination for both the Thomas Jefferson Area Coalition for the Homeless and for The Haven. The CES Specialist is a case conferencing lead: coordinating with outreach workers, case managers, and housing staff to update the By-Name List (list of all people experiencing homelessness in the region), creating regular work agendas and following up on all actions taken.
Continuum of Care duties:
- Maintain and update as necessary the community’s Coordinated Assessment Packet (CAP) used to ensure that all guests have access to area resources, including the Community Case Review agenda, and are (when applicable) oriented to the rules and expectations of The Haven
- Maintain an active By-Name List of all persons experiencing homelessness in our communities using the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Prepare agendas for the bi-monthly Community Case Review meetings where a review of the By-Name List is conducted and prioritized referrals for any available housing services are made
- Serve as the lead coordinator for follow-up action items resulting from the bi-monthly Community Case Review meetings
- Report monthly Built For Zero system performance metrics by the 15th of each month using information collected in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Maintain a working knowledge and online listing of CoC service provider eligibility requirements and programming
- Develop appropriate working relationships with area service providers to ensure that guests have adequate access to services, including providers in the City of Charlottesville and Counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson
- Oversee the collection and assessment of information about guests including basic demographic data, simple history and their medical, housing, and social services needs
- Create and maintain a By-Name List of all current guests at The Haven
- Lead The Haven’s weekly Case Review meetings where a review of The Haven’s By-Name List is conducted and guests are connected with appropriate services
- Support guests in getting connected to area services through information & referral and by addressing barriers to maintaining or securing stable housing
- Contribute to the development and refinement of procedures and protocols necessary to operating The Haven
- Experience working within a homeless system of care
- Specifically, experience with Housing First approach
- Experience working with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) or comparable database system
- Experience leading meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Please submit cover letter and resume, with references, to the contact email.
- Note: the position includes a healthcare stipend and retirement benefits.