|Organization||Westminster Canterbury of the Blue Ridge Foundation (WCBR)|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
Do you have an innovative and efficient financial mind? Are you good at driving process effectiveness? Do you enjoy working with and as a part of a team of professionals dedicated to providing the highest quality care and services? Come join our MAGNETic Culture as our Controller! Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge (WCBR) is seeking a team member to join our Finance department supporting a lively 57-acre campus, 460+ residents, and 300+ associates.
WCBR offers competitive wages, phenomenal, low-cost to associate health and dental insurance, retirement savings with matching plan, education assistance program, as well as many other benefits.
Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge is an accredited, not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community with a mission to provide a lifecare community of vibrant living designed to meet the dynamic needs and opportunities of older adults. The WCBR Foundation, a subsidiary corporation, supports the overarching mission of WCBR by gathering private support for WCBR’s charitable activities. We need YOU to join us in supporting these important missions.
WCBR is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of every individual and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities.
- Overseeing financial department staff in day-to-day operations. Coordinate training and work assignments and perform performance reviews of accounting staff.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support month-end and year-end close process
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Non-profit experience
- Extensive experience with preparing month-end and year-end financial statements
- Ability to lead a team of financial professionals to accomplish common goals
- Exposure to an annual operating budget of 35M+.
Additional desired experience:
- Experience with nonprofit intracompany accounting
- Senior Living and/or CCRC experience; Life Care experience would be A+
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid billing
- Ability to process map and document appropriate procedures
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.