This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||May 24, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Community Engagement position is The Haven’s bridge to the larger Charlottesville community, interfacing with volunteers, donors, community partners, and clients. The position entails three main areas: volunteer coordination, communications, and coordination of building and fundraising events.
- Maintain and expand volunteer recruitment and retention strategy
- Develop, provide, and oversee monthly volunteer orientations
- Develop and maintain online volunteer schedule
- Regular contact with volunteers, regarding scheduling and other volunteer issues
- Keep physical and digital record of all volunteer documentation
- Support volunteers in their roles and contact with guests of The Haven, helping them to make sense of their experiences
- Revise Volunteer Manual and Volunteer Application as needed
- Engage with and organize community groups, in particular, local student and faith-based groups
- Attend local volunteer fairs and community expos, providing information and outreach
- Organize annual volunteer appreciation event
- Administer annual volunteer satisfaction survey
- Contribute to the development and refinement of procedures and protocols—specifically, regarding volunteer recruitment, coordination, and retention—necessary to operating The Haven
- Update and maintain agency Facebook page(s), Twitter and Instagram accounts, and website on a weekly basis
- Create regular email blasts regarding sanctuary and fundraising events, Haven updates/needs, etc.
- In conjunction with executive director, represent The Haven at community events
- Create PSAs and images/ads to promote Haven fundraising events
- Connect with local media outlets (radio, television, print, etc.) to advertise Haven fundraising events
- In conjunction with the executive director, create bi-annual newsletters
- Work together with the executive director and operations director to research, implement, and maintain a program which connects volunteer/donor databases and streamlines communications
Coordinate two major fundraising events – “Run for Home” 8K and Housing2Home Art Auction, including:
- Volunteer recruitment
- Secure event space, rentals, supplies, etc.
- Partner with key volunteers to manage event logistics
- Partner with New City Arts for Art Auction
Coordinate community events in sanctuary, kitchen, and dining room, including:
- Manage online calendar of events
- Collect and record rental payments
- Secure coverage for events
- Works well within a team setting
- Experience in website management and design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and interactive work context
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and organized
- Please submit cover letter and resume, with references, to the contact email.
- Note: the position includes a healthcare stipend and retirement benefits.