This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Mind and Life Institute|
|Application Deadline||August 30, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
For over 30 years, the Mind & Life Institute has been the driving force in creating and growing the contemplative sciences field. Beginning as a series of dialogues between His Holiness the Dalai Lama and leading Western scientists and scholars, Mind & Life has since expanded to become the leading convener, catalyst, and community builder in supporting contemplative research and bridging practice and real world applications.
The mission of the Mind & Life Institute is to alleviate suffering and promote human flourishing by integrating science with contemplative practice and wisdom traditions.
Mind & Life is committed to building an inclusive community that integrates diversity of perspective and experience. We aim to maximize the benefits of diversity and to use diversity as a tool for enriching our organization and the field of contemplative research. We welcome candidates of all races, classes, genders, ages, religions, physical abilities, ￼and sexual orientations.
The Communications Team plays an essential role in taking the work of the Mind & Life Institute and bringing it to life in a visible, tangible and accessible way for the organization’s stakeholders. In keeping with Mind & Life’s commitment to excellence and transparency, the Communications Team is responsible for creating the public face of the organization to effectively highlight and promote all programs and events, and is the driving force behind public correspondence and publications. The Communications Intern can expect to support the Communications Team in all aspects of this work including, but not limited to:
- Writing for publications, media and public correspondence;
- Design of print and web-based materials to support all Mind & Life activities;
- Media production including video editing/archiving;
- Social media research, content and posting;
- Maintaining Mind & Life web presence;
- Build social media presence (research, image selection, writing).
- Participate in digital-media asset management (tag content with search terms, video editing).
- Interview Mind & Life community members and write general-interest articles.
- Assist with maintenance of Mind & Life website.
- Assist with graphic design (print and online).
Communications interns will have the opportunity to:
- Develop real-world experience in marketing campaign development and rollout.
- Engage in hands-on media production education.
- Advance writing and communication skills for marketing.
- Gain experience working in a nonprofit setting and as a member of a team.
- Form professional connections and learn from the dynamic Mind & Life staff and its global community of scholars, scientists and contemplatives.
- Explore contemplative practice for personal and professional development.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills and attention to detail required
- Experience working in Google Drive platform preferred
- Experience in digital media preferred
- Interest in contemplative science/research preferred
- Excellent written communication skills required
- Ability to problem-solve, multitask, and work independently
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject heading “Communications Intern.”