This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||July 1, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||No|
C4K seeks a Clubhouse Coordinator to oversee our innovative mentoring program and out-of-school learning space. C4K, a Best Buy Teen Tech Center, uses a learning approach designed to empower middle and high school students from low-income households to become more capable, creative, and confident learners. Youth-driven projects and activities, undertaken in collaboration with caring adult mentors, are STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math)-centric, engaging, and grounded in 21st century skills. The ideal candidate will operate with a strong equity lens, ensuring that this is reflected in the organization’s values and culture.
- Manage the C4K Best Buy Teen Tech Center makerspace for youth members during their out-of-school-time (OST), promoting self-directed learning and cultivating interest in STEAM and keeping the Clubhouse space organized.
- Assist with the development and implementation of orientation and training for all program participants.
- Support volunteer mentors, ensuring they work effectively with youth.
- Assist 1:1 mentoring matches develop and complete projects (e.g., help them come up with ideas, gather materials, get started, track progress, and support their ongoing work). Provide frequent, tailored guidance and support to the matches to ensure a rewarding experience.
- Identify and implement workshops and asynchronous learning for skill development across STEAM disciplines.
- Work with Pathways Coordinator to support youth in planning for the future, including pursuing academic and job opportunities that leverage their Clubhouse skills and relationships..
- Ensure timely communication with participants (members & volunteers) and keep accurate records of participation and outcomes.
- Participate in Best Buy Teen Tech Center and The Clubhouse Network partnerships, attending meetings, sharing ideas and issues, and supporting collaborative projects.
- Supervise part-time program staff and interns.
- Provide assistance when needed for operations including basic technical support to members / mentors and content for marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record working with youth.
- A passion for learning and helping others to learn.
- Experience with and interest in technology as a creative and empowering tool.
- Interpersonal skills, including an ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and a talent for making people feel welcome and included;
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings and occasional weekends.
The Clubhouse Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Director of Operations. Starting pay is in the range of $54,000-$62,000 annual salary depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical) for the employee; 3+ weeks of vacation; personal leave; and 401k with employer match after 1 year. General hours are 11:30am -7:30pm, Monday through Friday, and occasional weekend hours may be required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.