This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Sin Barreras / Without Barriers Inc|
|Application Deadline||September 30, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
Sin Barreras is a nonprofit dedicated to helping immigrants navigate US immigration, legal, healthcare and educational systems with a focus on the Hispanic community. We do this by providing direct services, referrals, workshops, clinics and through advocacy. We need a smart, caring and resourceful individual to join the team and help us accomplish our many goals. The position is primarily administrative support, but can be expanded or grow based on the candidate’s abilities, motivation, and passion. This is a part-time position supporting direct client services, coordinating events and outreach, and engaging the Hispanic community and partner organizations.
- Tracking and managing requests from clients or partner agencies and communicating to the appropriate parties for resolution.
- Attending to client needs through information requests and/or referrals and the variety of services we offer during office hours.
- Maintaining, updating and/or establishing procedures for the office, services, technology and other areas.
- Having an open line of communication and collaborating with board members and volunteers.
- Assist in organizing and managing data, files and technology.
- Generating monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, as well as creating new reporting templates.
- Contributing to the planning, organization, publicity and coordination efforts for events.
- Understand and promote the mission, vision, and values of Sin Barreras
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Have care and compassion for working with immigrants
- Organized self-starter able to set priorities
- Strong technical skills (Microsoft and Google Applications)
- Ability to work in a changing environment with an evolving organization and create structure
- A dedication to the cause of all human rights
Other Valued Skills or Experiences, but not required:
- Marketing and Publicity
- Volunteer management
- Knowledge of community programs, services, and resources
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. For more information, email us, call (434) 531-0104, or visit us at www.sinbarrerascville.com. We are a small, but growing organization working in a space with enormous need. Come join our team of dedicated volunteers and community.