This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP)|
|Application Deadline||July 19, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||Total compensation (including benefits) will be in a window of $35,000-$42,000. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, with opportunity for growth.|
The Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP) is a community non-profit organization that facilitates the adoption of clean energy technology, primarily via energy efficiency improvements in existing homes and buildings as well as solar power community campaigns. Our primary activities are assessing buildings of all kinds, providing recommendations for efficiency improvements, coordinating access to contractors and utility and government rebates, and promoting solar power as applicable. LEAP’s headquarters office is located near downtown Charlottesville with a satellite office in Fairfax. LEAP seeks a full time Client Relations Coordinator to interface with clients and connect them with LEAP’s various services.
LEAP seeks an individual with exceptional interpersonal skills to interact by phone, email, and in person with clients and partners from the first inquiry through project completion. The Client Relations Coordinator will work with LEAP clients and staff to make appointments, explain LEAP’s services, and provide related advice as appropriate. A successful candidate must demonstrate comfort with individuals from all socio-economic backgrounds while discussing one of their most important assets – their home – with sensitivity and understanding. The position also requires significant interaction with vendors, contractors, local government staff, utility program staff, and other partners. With time, we expect that s/he will gain some expertise on clean energy topics and be able to provide general technical advice to potential clients. The Client Relations Coordinator will also be responsible for managing and recording client and program data.
LEAP seeks an individual with passion, creativity, and independence, who is motivated by our mission.
- Act as the primary point of contact for LEAP by answering the phone, receiving and responding to general inquiry emails, and greeting walk-ins and appointments. This will require a working knowledge of LEAP’s protocols, activities, and energy efficiency and solar programs.
- Coordinate aspects of LEAP’s involvement in utility-funded rebate programs. This includes scheduling appointments with clients, managing the calendar, interacting with utility managers, and preparing and uploading client/job data.
- Maintain client data and interactions in Salesforce (LEAP’s online client relations management tool).
- Collaborate with other LEAP staff and community partners to execute and maintain outreach campaigns for solar energy, energy assessments, and energy retrofits.
- Provide administrative and scheduling support for field staff.
- Provide ad hoc analysis reports for various program activities.
- Manage/perform day-to-day office needs/tasks, e.g. maintaining office supplies.
- Other administrative or outreach duties may be assigned as time/skills permit.
- A solid educational background, with undergraduate degree preferred. Significant experience in lieu of degree considered.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Must enjoy meeting and talking with people.
- Grace under pressure – experience maintaining composure when presented with competing priorities and conflicting information.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills – articulate and well-spoken, a successful candidate must also possess good grammar and be able to write concisely. Must have, and be prepared to defend, an opinion on the use of the Oxford comma.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft programs and Google apps. Excel proficiency a must, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Ability to schedule, manage, and coordinate multiple calendars.
Preferred Experience, Interests, & Qualifications
- Experience or training in sales.
- Interest in community engagement and environmental sustainability.
- Home renovation or building science background and/or willingness to learn the basics of residential energy efficiency.
LEAP’s headquarters is known as “ecoREMOD, The Energy House,” and is located at 608 Ridge Street, just south of downtown Charlottesville. ecoREMOD is a gut rehab of a 1925 bungalow with a full suite of efficiency improvements and on-site solar power. We welcome the public to visit this working model of energy efficiency. We are a staff of 7 full-time employees.