This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||January 16, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||No|
Generation180 is a national non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA. Generation180’s mission is to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy. We seek to inspire and equip individuals to take action on clean energy. We envision a 180-degree shift in our energy sources—from fossil fuels to clean renewable energy—driven by a reversal of people’s perception of their own role in making it happen. We want to move Americans from apathy to agency, from despondency to determination, and from hopelessness to confidence about a clean energy future.
Generation180 interns gain valuable real-world experience and contribute to our understanding of the country’s rapid transition to clean energy. They apply their research and storytelling skills to complete a key project for Generation 180’s Electrify Your Ride campaign. Learn more at www.Generation180.org
Generation 180 is seeking an intern to assist with Electrify Your Ride campaign priorities including advancing equitable pro-electric vehicle state policy, increasing the public’s familiarity of EVs through awareness building events, and producing and distributing blog posts and other campaign materials. We are seeking a dynamic individual to support the Electrify Your Ride team in the following ways:
- • Assist team with all aspects of event production, both virtual and in person
- • Conduct research, analysis, and data collection in support of EYR initiatives.
- • Support organizational awareness of federal and state policies related to electric vehicles
- • Research, write, and produce content for communications initiatives
- • Support strategic planning and volunteer engagement
- • Work cross functionally to support other Generation 180 programs
- • Support office logistics and administrative tasks as needed
- • Experience with research
- • Proven ability to take initiative, think critically, and problem solve
- • Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with various technical and non-technical audiences
- • Strong organizational skills and ability to collaborate with a team to get the job done
- • Proven passion for Generation 180’s mission
- • Relevant experience and coursework in any of the following fields: sustainability, business, communications, marketing, data science, public policy, or a related field
- • Prior experience with advocacy campaigns
- • Interest in electric vehicles, transportation or automotive industry
- • Rising college juniors, seniors, recent graduates, or graduate students preferred
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2022 Electrify Your Ride Intern” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Generation180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking a diverse slate of candidates for formal consideration. Applicants with unique experiences and perspectives, including women, people of color and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.