This job is no longer active.
|Organization||International Rescue Committee in Charlottesville (IRC)|
|Application Deadline||May 4, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with experience|
IRC Background: Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 26 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC helps refugees resettle and become self-sufficient. Our programs are designed to ensure refugees thrive in America–whether ensuring children are enrolled in school, adults become self-reliant through employment or starting businesses, or families receive acute medical care they need to recover from trauma or illness. The IRC helps those in need to rebuild their lives and regain control of their future in their new home community.
Job Overview: The IRC’s Economic Empowerment team helps newly arrived refugees and other immigrants reach self-sufficiency by supporting clients in their short and long-term career goals by offering high-quality, culturally and linguistically accessible, integrated economic empowerment services. The Career Specialist will provide comprehensive career development services to clients seeking to move into a new career path or return to an existing profession including those seeking access to workforce education or credential recertification.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct pre-enrollment assessments with clients, create career development plans detailing a client’s long-term career goals and a step-by-step plan for its achievement, and provide ongoing case management
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance to all reporting requirements; document services provided and client outcomes in relevant case management databases; monitor and track client job performance and wage levels.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case files documenting client goals, activities, and services
- Provide one-on-one assistance to help clients prepare their resumes, look for appropriate job opportunities, and practice interview skills
- Develop and cultivate relationships with employers who offer suitable job opportunities for clients
- Assist clients and employers as necessary with post-placement issues and continuing employment needs.
- Conduct outreach for clients eligible to enroll into career development programing
- Provide individual coaching or group instruction in topics such as resume writing, interview preparation, job search techniques, or other skills related to career advancement.
- Identify and engage local agencies for participant referrals and conduct regular outreach to education providers to identify and secure workforce training for participants
- Conduct financial assessments for clients and assist in securing financial aid and funding for education programs
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and other duties as assigned.
- Work as part of a team to provide comprehensive strength-based services to IRC clients through coordination of cases and effective communication between team members and departments.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in human services field preferred.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
- Self- starter with excellent problem solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in a language spoken by the local refugee population is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with current insurance.
Apply online only at https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4481