This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Charlottesville Climate Collaborative|
|Application Deadline||May 18, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Charlottesville Climate Collaborative (C3), a non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated full-time Business Program Manager. C3 aims to catalyze climate action through community-wide collaborations and programs that reduce climate pollution and advance our Charlottesville identity to include climate leadership. We aim to unify and empower local groups so that together we can achieve a positive impact, making Charlottesville an even stronger, healthier community.
The Business Program Manager takes primary responsibility for convening and engaging the business community. As the commercial sector accounts for nearly one-third of greenhouse gas emissions in Charlottesville and Albemarle County, the Business Program Manager works to understand obstacles to action within this sector; provides technical expertise as well as support for businesses and nonprofits that want to take action both in the day-to-day operations of their space and as leaders in the community. Building on this engagement, this position will work with businesses to collectively engage with local government and to recommend and advocate for policies that stimulate business sector emissions reductions.
- Lead and manage the marketing, implementation, tracking and measurement of the business campaigns.
- Engage with local governmental leaders and staff to facilitate policy implementation to excelerate emissions reductions in the commercial sector.
- Plan, coordinate, execute, and attend events for C3 business programs
- Attend, represent, or present at local business-centered events.
- With the support of the Director of Programs and Communications, develop a marketing strategy for acquiring and retaining participants in business programs.
- Lead and manage volunteers and interns to support programs.
- Facilitate the implementation of recommended actions through site visits, volunteer management, and events.
- Coordinate with and provide support to C3 climate partners and other stakeholders for business program.
- Collect and use data to inform new campaigns and the evaluation of existing campaigns.
- Report program results to C3’s board of directors.
- Assist with generation of social media content.
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Programs and Communications in overall program strategy.
Strong Initiative: This position requires successful candidates to be self-starters and problem solvers. This program manager is someone who is passionate, not pushy; relentlessly positive; results-oriented; agile, driven, and creative.
Interpersonal: The position requires strong interpersonal skills and be able to work with a broad diversity of people. The program manager will build relationships with stakeholder agencies, local governmental officials, businesses/corporations, and third parties. The program manager must be business-savvy and professional.
Communication: The program manager must have excellent writing and public speaking skills.
Management: The program manager must be able to lead, manage, and motivate a team of volunteers and third-party partners.
Project Management: The program manager must work within a budget, meet deadlines for multiple projects and project goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field.
- 2-5 yrs. of experience executing marketing campaigns, nonprofit programs or project management experience.
- Experience in Squarespace, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Working knowledge of community-based social marketing and/or social behavior change strategies.
Compensation & Benefits
- Market competitive salary
- Health & Dental Insurance Coverage
- Paid Personal Time Off plus Holidays
- Self-Improvement Allowance
- Retirement Plan and Life & Disability Insurance Benefits
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. The Charlottesville Climate Collaborative welcomes diversity. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBT individuals are encouraged to apply.