This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||July 1, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with experience|
|Phone||(434) 977-7051 ext. 233|
This is the lead financial management and administrative position for Madison House. Madison House serves as the independent volunteer center for University of Virginia students. The Business Manager will work closely with Madison House staff and student leaders to ensure the efficient operation of this 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with deep roots both in the community and at the University. Led by a team of 7 full-time professionals and 300 student leaders, more than 3000 students volunteer a total of 100,000+ hours each year through Madison House with more than 175 community partners in Central Virginia. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Maintain records of financial transactions and process check requests, manage QuickBooks entries and updates, prepare monthly financial reconciliation, manage office credit cards and receipts, and track and manage grant expenditures;
- Assist with budget preparation;
- Coordinate with Executive Director and auditors to achieve a clean audit;
- Manage relationships with UVA Fund and banking institutions;
- Prepare summary reports for the Board to convey key financial indicators in a clear format.
Building and Office Management
- Manage phone system, mail, supplies, equipment, and reception area;
- Offer or arrange for technical support for any member of Madison House’s team requiring assistance;
- Help ensure that Madison House is following best practices, and that policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Where needed, work with Executive Director or other team members to develop and implement new policies in furtherance of the smooth operation of Madison House;
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors;
- Maintain a current registry of all computers, laptops, and devices, and arrange for the timely replacement of obsolete or non-functioning equipment as warranted;
- Create a warm and inviting reception for anyone who enters the building, in part through the hiring, training, and supervision of students on work/study to staff the front desk.
- Coordinate repairs, manage janitorial and landscape service contracts and parking;
- Ensure timely collection of rent payments from institutional building tenants, and maintain a positive working relationship with all tenants.
Human Resources Management
- Oversee onboarding and separation of all employees;
- Process payroll and perform other HR related functions;
- Ensure smooth participation of all employees in benefit programs offered by Madison House;
- Manage relationships with insurers.
- Work with the Director of Development to ensure the prompt deposit and accurate crediting of all checks received by Madison House;
- Work with external law firm and Executive Director to ensure compliance with all state and federal non-profit solicitation and registration requirements.
- Train and support student leaders with regard to office procedures, vendor relationships, budgeting, and building stewardship.
- Assist the Executive Director with any other requested tasks related to the efficient functioning of Madison House.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently
- 2+ years of office management, accounting, bookkeeping, QuickBooks and/or database management experience
- Experience in financial planning and management, human resources
- Experience supervising and/or working with college students
Madison House is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. We are an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We offer a generous benefits package (including medical and dental insurance, employer contribution to a retirement plan, and wellness hours) and competitive compensation dependent on experience.
Additional Contact Details:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Sophia Sjolinder with “Business Manager” in the subject line of the email.