This job is no longer active.
|Organization||City of Charlottesville|
|Application Deadline||January 21, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||$73,474.02 to $96,096.00 annually, plus benefits|
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled
Apply online only at: www.charlottesville.gov/jobs
This position performs complex technical and administrative work overseeing the administration and enforcement provisions of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code and as interpreted by the State Building Code Technical Review Board, and related ordinances. Supervises building and inspection activities with responsibility for enforcement of laws, ordinances and codes relating to the construction and alterations of buildings within the city. Reports to the Director of Neighborhood Development Services.
The hiring salary will be between $73,474.02 and $96,096.00 annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, gym membership reimbursement, continuing education/training opportunities, and City’s retirement options. The City of Charlottesville manages its own retirement system and does not participate in VRS; however the City has a Portability Agreement with VRS, there are certain provisions that must be met and the portability request must be executed within 18 months of vesting in the City’s Plan. For a general summary of benefits offered by the City, please click the ‘benefits’ tab on the posting on our employment page.
- Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. (If no bachelor’s degree, minimally requires high school diploma or GED equivalency plus additional years of highly relevant experience may be substituted as equivalent.)
- Minimum of five years related experience and/or training in building, electrical or plumbing inspections or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified as a Building Official in accordance with the Virginia Certification Standards within one year of hire date.
- Possession of appropriate electrical, plumbing, mechanical and building codes certification issued by the
- Commonwealth of Virginia or a nationally recognized certifying agency such as Building Officials and Code Administrators International or Council of American Building Officials.
- Requires the possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia by employment start date.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page.
**Effective November 1, 2021, all newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will still be subject to the weekly testing requirement.**
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.