|Organization||City of Charlottesville|
|Application Deadline||January 30, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||Preferred hiring amount between $48,607.26 to $65,000 annually, plus benefits|
Application Deadline: January 30, 2023 at 5pm EST.
Bicycle and Pedestrian options that are safe, connected, and convenient are critical to supporting the community and city’s vision, goals, and objectives for our transportation system. The Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator is responsible for improving bicycle and pedestrian safety, access, facilities, and awareness throughout the City of Charlottesville. This position performs a broad range of municipal transportation planning tasks specifically related to bicycling and walking. Responsible for managing the development and implementation of plans to improve the City’s bicycle and pedestrian network, and related projects, and leads the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
The preferred hiring amount is between $48,607.26 to $65,000 annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
- At least two (2) years of transportation engineering or planning experience is required.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Public Policy, or related field required.
- (Minimally, a high school diploma or GED equivalency with relevant work experience is required.)
- Experience in communicating and working effectively with members of the public, including citizen groups, committees or commissions is required.
- Experience working with computers in a Windows environment (such as Microsoft software) and using GIS software required.
- Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license by employment start date.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.