|Organization||University of Virginia Advancement|
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The University of Virginia seeks an Associate/Assistant Director for Lifetime Learning. Annually, Lifetime Learning coordinates 150 faculty lectures and discussions both on and off Grounds. We implement extended learning programs on Grounds and abroad, plan and coordinate academic lectures, and provide online resources including a research library, podcasts, faculty blogs, and online lectures and courses.
The Associate/Assistant Director will hold a key position in providing lifelong learning educational programs for alumni, parents, and friends, which strengthens their connections to the University of Virginia and between each other. The incumbent will research, create, and deliver educational programs for UVA’s alumni constituents in various venues throughout the state of Virginia and occasionally beyond the state. Responsibilities will include development, oversight, administration, budgeting, execution, stewarding faculty and participants, and evaluation at the conclusion of each program. Budgets are required prior to each program as well as reports are due after each program.
The person in this position must have management experience and oversight of multiple programs at once. This position requires a person with exceptional customer service and stewardship ability for building relationships with faculty and participants attending the programs. The assistant/associate director in this role will coordinate with faculty speakers, venues, and vendors to provide educational programs.
The Associate/Assistant Director will operate with authority and a level of independence with little supervision on projects. He/she will serve as the primary client contact for projects and will be responsible for the success of his/her programs. The position may supervise project staff.
This position is vital to University Advancement as it will help to foster relationships with alumni, parents, friends, and faculty and will provide important contact with UVA’s constituents.
- Consistently apply standard project management methodology and processes. Conduct post project evaluation and identify and share best practice with the team.
- Plan, lead and facilitate project team meetings.
- Develop detailed task lists and work effort assessment and short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players and team members.
- Develop meaningful relationships with stakeholders and partners across Grounds.
- Develop detailed budgets and schedules based on task breakdown, materials, and information and resource allocation plans.
- Develop communication and change management plans with the project team.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for each program to ensure its success.
- Request, review and produce programs based on constituent data.
- Serve as liaison between team members and functional area management or organizational leadership.
- The person in this role will work as a part of a team; however, will be responsible for the success of his/her program.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous management, project manager and event planning experience.
- Experience with managing multiple projects at various stages at the same time from inception through implementation.
- Highly organized professional with great discretion, solid customer service skills, and keen attention to details.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to market and communicate educational programs.
- Public speaking, networking, and people skills are vastly important for the success of this position.
- Proven record of taking the initiative and problem-solving.
The Lifetime Learning’s Associate/Assistant Director position is 40-hours per week with benefits. Occasional evenings, nights, and weekend hours are required.
This position is open until filled. This is a restricted position and continuation is based on performance and funding.
Direct questions regarding the application process to Ashley Cochran, Senior Academic Recruiter.
Application Process: Please visit UVA job board Workday, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume/CV, and three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.