This job is no longer active.
|Organization||The College Foundation of the University of Virginia|
|Application Deadline||January 28, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||$55,00 - $60,000|
Position Objective and Job Summary
The Associate Director of Finance & Human Resources, in conjunction with the Associate Vice President of Operations and accounting staff at the U.Va. Fund, manages the day-to-day non-donor-facing administrative operations of the College Foundation including payroll processing & human resources, procurement procedures, annual budget creation and oversight, compliance, and office management. This position will be a critical component of the operations team and will be the first point of contact on HR, budget, procurement, and office management related inquiries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in timely preparation of the annual operating expense and cash budgets for all Foundation departments in conjunction with Foundation leadership and department leads.
- Create and maintain all official documentation related to the annual operating and expense budget, provide information to the U.Va Fund regularly and respond to internal budget related inquiries as needed.
- Review provided monthly budget reports to identify budget variances or budget coding errors and take corrective action, as needed.
- Review monthly and quarterly financial statements as well as tax filings for general familiarity, provide documentation to compliance and external accounting vendors as needed.
- Supply budget and procurement related information in preparation for the annual financial audit.
- Create financial reporting including graphs and charts in Excel and PowerPoint
- Oversee the procurement process, ensuring all disbursement and reimbursement requests follow the appropriate protocol and are delivered timely to the U.Va. Fund.
- Monitor corporate credit card assignments and their use.
- Reconcile purchasing card logs and credit card statements. Prepare monthly consolidated card account invoice for payment. Discuss inappropriate purchasing card activity with employees and their supervisors.
- Oversee travel and entertainment reimbursement process for those traveling for the College Foundation ensuring accuracy and timely direct deposit.
Personnel, Benefits and Payroll Management
- Assist managers or employees who have routine management or employee relations issues, escalate to COO or AVP of Operations for resolution, as needed.
- Coordinate recruitment process with hiring managers, ensuring adherence to College Foundation recruitment procedures.
- Coordinate onboarding of new College Foundation employees.
- Reconcile payroll charges for each pay period to ensure employees are paid the correct amount, and that costs are charged to the correct budgets.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with the contracted external providers of payroll services, and the health, insurance, and retirement benefit services for College Foundation employees.
- Serve as the principal College Foundation contact for HR generalist and payroll service providers.
- Ensure employees record their hours worked or used for leave accurately and on time, provide payroll information to payroll vendor each pay period.
- Coordinate annual HR processes, such as performance evaluations and open enrollment.
Operations & Business Administration
- Assist in timely preparation of financial materials related to annual Federal and State compliance requirements, as needed
- Coordinate preparation of financial materials related to university compliance requirements with U.Va. Fund.
- Coordinate annual Charitable State Registrations process with external vendor(s).
- Manage routine space planning and office assignments, furniture purchase and removal, cleaning vendors, and building maintenance requests.
- Order and distribute or store office supplies, computers and equipment, as requested
- Manage mobile telephone contracts, work-orders and repairs.
- Serve as alternate point of contact to resolve office related IT issues in conjunction with University ITS or external vendors when College Foundation Technology Support Specialist is unavailable
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years of administering operating budgets and performing financial reconciliation
- Experience in payroll and benefits administration is preferred
- Comfort working with numbers, financial statements, and accounting terms
- Successful candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines required
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- This position will be located in College Foundation offices in Charlottesville, Va
- Some remote work flexibility is permitted, however, this is not a fully remote position
- Occasionally, some evening and weekend work may be required
- General fast-paced office environment
- The target starting salary for this position is $55,000 per year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the target starting salary.
- Participation in annual incentive compensation pool with bonus potential based on individual and organization performance.
- Retirement plan contributions up to an additional 11% of salary.
- Generous and comprehensive medical benefits with no-cost and low cost options for employees.