This job is no longer active.
|Organization||University of Virginia Advancement|
|Application Deadline||August 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Darden School Foundation has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join its Communication and Marketing team. As the Darden School prepares to launch publicly the most ambitious campaign in its history, Powered by Purpose, which supports the University of Virginia’s $5 billion campaign, the Associate Director of Advancement Communications will extend Darden’s reputation as one of the world’s leading business schools by telling the Darden story. The Associate Director will identify, develop and distribute content through various mediums and channels that demonstrates the School’s mission to improve the world by inspiring responsible leaders through unparalleled transformation learning experiences.
The Associate Director of Advancement Communications plans communications efforts, develops content and messaging for the Office of Advancement, and ensures innovative, professional and brand-aligned communications targeted to Darden alumni, donors and other constituent audiences.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a central role in strategic planning and execution of external and internal communications for the Office of Advancement of the Darden School of Business. Develop philanthropy communications targeted to donors, prospective donors, volunteers, alumni, staff, faculty and additional key constituencies of Darden.
- Work with the Advancement and Communicaiton & Marketing teams and external agencies to establish creative concepts and aesthetics for print and multimedia communications to meet Darden’s fundraising goals. This includes stewardship touches, Annual Fund collateral, videos, Reunions collateral, donor and volunteer holiday cards, brochures and one pagers for specific funds and initiatives.
- Develop and oversee the strategy, content, design and production of the two major annual Advancement publications: the Investors Report (produced annually) and the philanthropy newsletter Pillars (produced semi-annually). Develop, write and edit content; manage logistics and staff photo shoots for visual content; work with internal and external design teams; and manage the internal review, print and distribution processes.
- Coordinate with senior team members in the development of Campaign-related materials, including strategic external communications, print collateral and presenations/reports. Manage the creative, editorial and internal review processes, as well as production, for these materials.
- Provide editorial support to the Advancement team for communications with Darden constituents including donor impact reports, correspondence, major gift proposals, corporate partners brochures and emails, website content and additional print and digital communications.
- Participate in the creative direction, production, and dissemination of all philanthropy videos produced by Darden Media, and external agencies. Submit proposals, perform research, secure talent, draft scripts, direct film shoots, and work with media team for editorial and additional means of production, and determine and implement distribution plans for videos.
- Serve as project manager for Advancement print and mail jobs, including letterhead, business cards, letters, mailers and brochures. Facilitate projects internally; serve as liaison with printers, mail houses and additional vendors; and review proofs on all printed internal and external Advancement materials to ensure accuracy and brand alignment.
- Serve as editor for the scholarship thank you writing session held every fall, staffing the sessions to assist students with the development of personalized acknowledgments to donors.
- Working with the Associate Director of Web and Digital Communications, on print and video projects and initiatives, ensure a consistent, seamless communications experience for our donor audiences.
- Serve as a liaison for University-driven communications as applicable to the Office of Advancement.
- Provide support to the Advancement team as they develop narrative and data for strategic and leadership presentations for the Darden Foundation Board of Trustees and its committees.
- Write and edit content for senior staff and faculty, key volunteers, and other leaders including correspondence, speaking points, presentations, and other means of messaging regarding the School’s philanthropic initiatives.
- Lead the content development of an internal e-newsletter from the Vice President for Advancement to the Darden community, to communicate the Advancement team’s efforts and impact on the Enterprise.
- Maintain internal work calendars and production schedules to ensure Advancement communications projects meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with Advancement’s Associate Director of Web and Digital Communications to ensure timely, strategic, and sophisticated communications across all Advancement channels.
- Perform additional duties and oversee special communications projects and creative services as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in related field appreciated
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills (including PPT) and an eye for design
- Ability to work both independently and also on a team
- Strong interpersonal relationship and teamwork skills
- Initiative and flexibility to take on new projects and learn new software applications as required.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Good judgment and first-class professionalism in dealing with a range of internal and external constituencies and sensitive information
To apply, follow this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0ea314a7-0221-4b42-8375-06070ea71c22&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=298467&source=CC3&lang=en_US