This job is no longer active.
|Organization||UVA School of Engineering and Applied Science|
|Application Deadline||April 24, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$60,000 or higher commensurate with experience|
DescriptionThe University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science seeks applications for an Assistant or Associate Director of Development to support the Office of Advancement and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) within UVA Engineering. The Office of Advancement supports UVA Engineering’s mission, vision and strategic priorities with alumni, students, faculty, corporate and foundation partners and friends through philanthropic and engagement opportunities. The Charles L. Brown Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is distinguished by its highly collaborative culture as well as its core strengths in areas like terahertz and photonic devices, low-power digital systems, signal and image processing, and advanced controls. This job will be filled at either the Assistant or the Associate level depending on the successful candidate's experience, knowledge, and competencies. The ideal candidate for the Assistant Director will have at least three years of previous fundraising experience. The ideal candidates for the Associate Director will have five or more years of higher education fundraising experience with a track record of closing six and seven figure gifts.
- Focus on developing prospect portfolios of potential individual donors, cultivating, and soliciting these prospects for $100,000 and above. Continue to develop, cultivate and steward relationships with existing donors.
- Create and implement cultivation structures that include prospect strategy development, preparation of written materials, design and implementation of cultivation events, direct solicitation and solicitation in tandem with volunteers and other staff.
- Independently strategize and present current, endowment and future gift opportunities to prospective donors to increase private funding available to students and faculty for scholarships, research projects, professorships and other restricted and unrestricted needs.
- Recruit and provide guidance to volunteers, providing appropriate training and structure.
- Work with University leadership and build strong collaborative relationships with other development professionals at the University.
- Maintain records of visits, solicitations and cultivation status in accordance with system requirements and departmental protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of previous fundraising experience.
- Ability to effectively articulate the University's educational mission, strategic aims and fundraising programs; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success with closing major gifts ($100K+).
- Experience working in a significant fundraising campaign or capital campaign and meeting desired goals.
- Experience managing high-level relationships.
- Ability to use a database to maintain and review records and reports such as donor data, prospect contacts, solicitations and proposals; ability to solicit and close gifts of $100,000 and more.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a fundraising team.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Valid driver’s license.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding and performance. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration, please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for R0014721. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for R0014721. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).