This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||June 7, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The Assistant Kitchen Manager position involves kitchen supervision for the morning breakfast meals on the weekend and preparation for and participation in the Wednesday lunch cafe, called Haven Homecooking.
- Operate the kitchen at The Haven to provide a nutritionally dense breakfast meal
- Work with area farmers and food distributors to source as much of the produce locally as possible, at the lowest possible cost
- Provide supervision, accountability, and/or follow up to volunteers, organizations/businesses/groups using the kitchen
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the kitchen at all times, establishing a standard that meets or could meet the inspection requirements of the Virginia Department of Health
- Wednesday pick up of food from Blue Ridge Food Bank and Great Harvest Bakery
- Participate in Wednesday Haven Homecooking: assist Homecooking coordinator and volunteer chefs with Monday shopping, Tuesday half day prep, and the Wednesday cooking, serving, and cleanup of the public lunch
- Ensure all kitchen appliances are maintained and in good repair
- Provide daily report of meals served to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank and a weekly report of the type and weight of donations from Trader Joe’s and Great Harvest Bakery
- Contribute to the development and refinement of procedures and protocols necessary to operating The Haven
- Desire to learn
- Being a self-starter, capable of completing tasks within an assigned time frame.
- Good interpersonal skills; team player
- Ability to think outside the box
- Good personal and professional boundaries
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Willingness to attend trainings to stay current with best practices
- Please submit cover letter and resume, with references, to the email contact