This job is no longer active.
|Organization||University of Virginia Advancement|
|Application Deadline||September 28, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Darden School Foundation has an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join its Advancement team. The Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for securing philanthropic support from corporations and providing superior stewardship of corporate and foundation relationships with Darden. Primary responsibilities include raising annual unrestricted corporate support for the School through the Corporate Partners Program as well as event sponsorships (as directed); managing and delivering benefits offered through the Corporate Partners Program; and supporting activities of the Corporate Advisory Board’s Corporate Engagement and Advancement Committee. The Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations serves as a liaison to other departments for the purpose of identifying connections and raising awareness regarding the role of corporate philanthropy and engagement at Darden.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage a portfolio of 25–50 organizations with the goal of raising resources for Darden’s campaign priorities and Corporate Partners Program.
· Actively identify opportunities for corporate and foundation giving across the Darden Enterprise.
· Work with Darden and University colleagues to develop strategies to increase corporate and foundation support for the School.
· Forecast, track and meet annual fundraising goals, and record and analyze fundraising activity in the Advance database.
· Manage the overall execution of Darden’s Corporate Partners Program, including the identification, cultivation, solicitation, engagement and stewardship of member companies.
· Ensure Corporate Partners Program materials including one-pagers, proposal templates, web pages, impact report templates and member recognition signage are updated and conform to the Darden style guide.
· Manage, track and execute benefits for all corporate partners including partner orientation calls, progress updates, annual custom partner impact reports and events including First Coffee, Darden Dialogues and Leadership Speaker Series.
· Serve as host to corporate executives and schedule meetings with the Dean, faculty/research centers, staff and student leadership, creating itineraries that are meaningful.
· Manage and execute program and event logistics.
· Work with Communication and Marketing team and Darden Media to support corporate communications to external audiences.
· Prepare reports and other materials for internal and external audiences as needed, including grant proposals and reports.
· Support activities of the Corporate Engagement and Advancement Committee of the Corporate Advisory Board, including scheduling and attending calls and meetings, and preparing material in support of their work.
· Prepare and process department invoices, purchase orders and other budget documents as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 3+ years of professional level experience, preferably in higher education advancement and/or corporate and foundation relations.
· Fundraising experience highly desirable.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software required.
· Proven project management, planning and organizational skills, including accuracy in work.
· Knowledge of Advancement office functions and procedures.
· Able to communicate effectively with executive level corporate representatives.
· Ability to promote a positive image of the School both internally and externally.
· Knowledge of corporate philanthropy and current issues affecting business, industry and the economy.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and interact effectively with faculty and academic leadership and staff.